Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Original Master Negatives from Topps.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Original Master Negatives from Topps.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted
Don't post much anymore, but I figured i would throw this out there. I collect star wars material, non sport, and 1 of 1 production material from star wars when possible. So this came right up my alley. Joe Smith did 12 portraits for Topps Star Wars Galaxy set in 1993. They were the best cards to get signed Through The Mail, and making that set was always one of my favorite things in autographs. The original Negative came up for auction from the topps vault with COA's from the company. I bought all 10 that came up. However, the Luke and Boba Fett photo plates didn't get listed. I am looking for those now (if you know where they are or have them yourself let me know just so I know they exist).

Here are the pics.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I am very impressed, it must be fantastic to have those in your collection. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Very nice items there and got for good prices too!

Its a shame you don't post much anymore zhamlau - I for one always enjoyed your input.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I still collect and I still like it, I just had some run ins on the board with others and i figured I would cut it back rather then go down "odd roads" as someone once said. But yeah, I still read the board off and on :-) More of a lurker now lol. Thanks for the imput guys, id LOVE to find those other two LOL. Ive been buying a lot of original card art from 1990's marvel and Star wars sets as of late. I should post some of it sometime. I love sketchs still, but for the cost of some sketchs you can get a TRUE 1 of 1 original painted published piece from some artists on older sets.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
BTW still looking for the last two. If anyone knows where they are I'm a buyer. I'd also pay a finders fee if I close the deal for either.