Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question about Rittenhouse autos.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Rittenhouse autos.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted
When did Rittenhouse start embossing the back of there autographs?

I haven't collected many Rittenhouse sets so I have no idea, but I received today the Famke Janssen FB auto (can't remember what set it's from) and it doesn't have the embossing on the back. I did notice it so I went and checked my other couple of James Bond FB autos and Pierce Brosnan and Michael Kitchen does, but my Izabella Scorupco and Sean Bean don't.
I know all of my autos from GoT do and I have the A70 Richard Dean Anderson Stargate auto which also has it, but then the few Farscape autos I have don't have it.

I'm not worried that they may be fakes, just curious about when and why Rittenhouse started it. I have to say I quite like the embossing, it looks very professional, and I'm guessing it is their way of authenticating.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I think it happened around 2009-2010. Women of Star Trek I think is when I noticed it first. But, it wasn't consistent. RA gets cards signed and may sit on them for awhile, so there was a time frame when a few cards in a set wouldn't have the embossing. Perhaps for my next book update, I'll mark what ones are embossed and what ones aren't.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As for the "sit on them for awhile", the autos for the ST Aliens 2014 series were variously copyrighted in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I don't remember what year RA started embossing the card backs but your Janssen is fine. The copyright for that card was 2008 which was before they started this practice.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

STCardGeek that would be a great idea, marking which ones are and which aren't.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
As for the "sit on them for awhile", the autos for the ST Aliens 2014 series were variously copyrighted in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Roll Eyes

They have a dual autograph of Shatner/Stewart, they've had since the time I went to Philly which was like....10 years ago???? I'm assuming it might get released for the 50th??

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

STCardGeek that would be a great idea, marking which ones are and which aren't.

I will get working on that for the next update Wink Since I pull my own cards, I can be comfortable with what is embossed vs. not.