Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie checklist
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie checklist
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Updated the checklist (the variants just keep on coming!)
Here's what I have so far (more on the way) of costume and sketch cards:

My question would be, do you consider those costume cards to be legimate variants? I would say NO.

True they are different colors and possibly, but not necessarily, from different costumes. But shouldn't they then have been put on cards with different photos of the character. UD chose to make the same card and manufacture the swatch to be different. To me that is not a variant, its just an easy way to make less seem like more.

I know master sets are very tempting, but I think I would have to balk at chasing after solid, one color swatches on the same card when the "variant" was produced to be that way. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
To me, it's fun finding all the different variants. I don't know what else to call them. I know I'll never have every version of every costume or memorabillia card for both economic and one-of-a-kind reasons, but I'll keep on trying anyway.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I pulled this sketch today from another box (along with two more patch cards, whoopie). Does anyone know who the artist is?

Who's the character?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The artist is Frank Kazar. I would wager the character is the original Ghost Rider.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The character is actually Scourge (or Scourge of the Underworld). He killed a bunch of b-list Marvel villians in various issues and when he finished, he would say his quote "justice is served".

Posts: 106 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Gee, I thought it was Red Skull having an off day. Shows what I know...

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffThom:
The character is actually Scourge (or Scourge of the Underworld). He killed a bunch of b-list Marvel villians in various issues and when he finished, he would say his quote "justice is served".

Thanks.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Still need the M-10 costume along an AP from Roy Cover to complete my master set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the M-10 (Gabe Jones). I hear there were only about 24 made.
I still need M4, M8, M10 and M12.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hear you. I complain at UD about having a card with ridiculous short printed numbers. I prefer not have it in my collection. Same has Ford in the SW 30th and Spielberg in Crystal Skull. Frown

So a big hole in my costumes cards by not having the M-10.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The artist is Frank Kazar. I would wager the character is the original Ghost Rider.

The artist is spelled Frank Kadar. Kazar is a Marvel character.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the artist info RickSam. If I had an extra I-5 I'd send it to you, but I only have one. Now I have 3 I-6s though!

thx .. ive updated my initial post as ive tracked one down!!

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still need M4, M8, M10 and M12.

can u id who are on these cards u need ..
some collectors know only by the chars - not the #s off top of head .. m10 i know is gabe jones cuz i looked up in the thread to see .. m4? m8? hmm. it might make it easier for those with em to help out

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
M4 is Dr. Erskine
M8 is Heinz Kruger
M10 is Gabe Jones
M12 is Steve Rogers

I actually have pictures of all of them, from E-bay and what I have, and am planning on making a visual checklist if I ever get the time and motivation.

posted Hide Post
could the pattern of rare relic card be the 'even' numbers are the rarer? m2 i know is difficult to find as well.

and another thing -
with all the box/case breaking no comic panel cards? {unless im mixing up a UD set .. but i thought this set had comic panels}