Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie checklist
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie checklist
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted
I hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere, but I'm trying to make a checklist for Captain America. This is what I've come up with so far. Any additions or corrections are encouraged. * means I have the item so know it's correct:

Base set - 99 cards

Autographs:
Toby Jones
Kenneth Choi
Neal McDonough
Stanley Tucci

C-1 thru C-13 Comic Covers subset*

P-1 thru P-12 Posters subset*

I-1 thru I-6 Patch Card subset*

Costume Cards M-1 thru M-13
M-1, blue
red*
white
M-2, blue
M-3, brown*
tan*
red*
2 types material*
brown with lettering
M-4, herringbone
M-5, white
M-6, red*
brown*
M-7, dark brown*
red (bow tie)*
black(or very dark blue) w/white stitching*
brown/white
M-8, no variants?
M-9, dark brown*
light brown with stitching*
white w/black crosshatch*
same as above, darker*
M-10, no variants
M-11, dark brown*
blue w/white stitching*
M-12, white
M-13, white
blue*
white crosshatch

Printing Plates - need help on these, how many are there?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Thank's for the post !!!!!!!!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
There's also the Ultimate UM-14 card, plus the sketch cards in 2 different formats (landscape vs portrait).

dcarleton

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tiggerhouse,

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
There are 496 plates (99 + 12 + 13 X 4). As for M-10 Gabe Jones; I hear one pattern.

Here is the checklist of UD

There are not #100 card from Tommy Lee Jones as stated there.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggerhouse:
plus the sketch cards in 2 different formats (landscape vs portrait).

To make things even stranger...

I saw a Iron Man 2 sketch pulled from a box this weekend. Now, the sketch was OF Captain America but it was an Iron Man 2 card.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
What is the UM-14 card of? That's the first I heard of it! It sounds like the IMC-12 Iron Man 2 card.

I did see UD's checklist, although it could be a bit more informative.

M-10 updated, thanks archifou!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the UM-14 card of?

Here is a link to show you a panel cut of the UM-14 but it's not a costume card. There are 78 cards.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I looked at the link posted be archifou.

The card is a comic cut card and it appears to be Marvel's Avengers #4 from 1964. This was the first issue that saw Captain America as an Avenger and as a result has some landmark significance in the comic world.

I am surprised that there were only 78 panels cut but they probably all contain Cap, panels that don't would probably make a strange choice for this set.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
The set looks nice though, but i am still boycotting Upper Deck so keep posting scans and links, the only way I see all the pretty cards.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'll post a picture when I think I have enough of the cards to make it worthwhile, but some of these are going for very high prices! Is it easy to tell if a printer's plate or UM-14 card is in a pack like the costume cards? And would they be in addition to the three hits per box; so if you already found 3 special cards might you also find one of these?
Upper Deck really confuses me with every set they do, but then again, I am easily confused all the time, so that's not saying much.

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Upper Deck really confuses me with every set they do, but then again, I am easily confused all the time, so that's not saying much.

Upper Deck confuses itself! I am fairly sure you have nothing to worry about in this instance Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Updated the checklist (the variants just keep on coming!)
Here's what I have so far (more on the way) of costume and sketch cards:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's such a shame Upper Deck keeps shooting itself in the foot.I really liked the movie and these cards are well designed and attractive.

However I refuse to support a company that has such a short sighted distribution policy and more importantly in this case counts those patch cards as one of three "hits" in a box.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. I just opened 2 more boxes and one had a sketch card and two patch cards. Kind of dissapointing.

posted Hide Post
i'd add character names to the OP
can ur pics be added up there too?

as for m6 /
ive seen m-6 red skull: Black; and Red
looks more black than brown .. unless there is also a brown, making 3 versions

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have an M-6 brown coming. Haven't seen a black version yet. I also have some more of Agent Carter's variants on the way. I'll add the characters names soon, that is a good idea. I'm not sure what you mean by 'can ur pics be added up there too', unless you mean put the pictures next to the card number? Maybe I'll try that too.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Jeff Allender has a nice checklist up:

http://nslists.com/capammov.htm

He does not list the variant costume cards though. I'm still working on that list.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I pulled this sketch today from another box (along with two more patch cards, whoopie). Does anyone know who the artist is?

posted Hide Post
artist looks like frank kadar

and im still looking to get i-5 to complete the patch set Thumb Up
edit: nevermind on the 1-5 - GOT IT!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RickSam,

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the artist info RickSam. If I had an extra I-5 I'd send it to you, but I only have one. Now I have 3 I-6s though!