Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cryptozoic Big Bang Theory Allocated To The Extreme
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Big Bang Theory Allocated To The Extreme
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
my 1 box of BBT was allocated through Diamond lol I'm sure the binder will ship though Razz

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I really don't understand the issue here. I busted the following CZE products this year:

(3) cases The Vampire Diaries Season 2
(2) cases Psych Seasons 1-4
(3) cases Fringe Seasons 3 and 4
(1) case of Castle Seasons 1-2
(1) case of The Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 and 4 (not from the same source as the others)

So basically about 1 a month, and from that I was able to get 2 cases of BBT Season 5 and a case each of the next Walking Dead releases allocated to me at a reasonable price. Maybe my definition of a lot is not the same as others, but I enjoyed opening each one of those products, and don't really consider that a lot of product.

You're right Chuck, your definition of a lot is not the same as others. The hobby store where I order my boxes didn't get anywhere near that much Crypto product for the whole store. Fringe didn't move at all, I got my Castle alright, VD and Psych I didn't care about and BBT I got two boxes.

If you can afford to buy ten cases from a single manufacturer in a few months you should be a preferred customer. I can't and I'm not. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a lot for most businesses.

Chuck must be with one of CZE set distributors, and is ordering so much, that he is pretty much set. That's the advantage of dealing with someone that (I'm assuming) is small enough to listen to their customer, and is rewarding a long time customer that orders a LOT.

That's the only thing I can come up with to why he's guaranteed a product that has not even been offered to distributors.

With GTS, I'm often asking why they don't have items up for order. About a week or two later, they have it. Sometimes pretty close to the shipping date. Almost always well after Diamond has offered it.

I almost called GTS today. Maybe tomorrow.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
GTS just told me that their "support the line" has always been their allocation policy. Funny thing is, I've never been allocated until CZE came along.

I sure would like to know where Chuck is getting his boxes, or a good source for a mini-master set.

I'm looking at getting out totally of selling boxes, and breaking boxes for my own collection.

But finding one source for my personal collection on boxes and/or mini-master sets is going to be tough; because of the wide variety I'm interested in.

As much as I hate to support CZE and UD, I'm really hooked on TWD and Marvel cards. Also Grimm and some DC.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I have deleted a number of posts from the end of this thread. It is against forum rules to bash other members. And honestly, none of the posts have added anything constructive to the topic and have caused hurt feelings. So let's please leave this alone.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
"Big Bang Theory" is tearing us apart!!!

I was reading these exchanges, and as I did, I imagined the horrific laugh track (that for me utterly ruins sitcoms that use it including BBT) blaring in the background. Why would people want to watch a show that tells them when they should laugh, especially the ostensibly intelligent viewers of a show like BBT?

Glad Harris was here to nip this in the bud, though. There really is no call for gettin' nasty.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
"Big Bang Theory" is tearing us apart!!!

I was reading these exchanges, and as I did, I imagined the horrific laugh track (that for me utterly ruins sitcoms that use it including BBT) blaring in the background. Why would people want to watch a show that tells them when they should laugh, especially the ostensibly intelligent viewers of a show like BBT?

Glad Harris was here to nip this in the bud, though. There really is no call for gettin' nasty.

I can't agree more with you Chesspieceface. I hate the fake crappy laugh track. it distracts me for the show. It was good for the 50's, but lets get with the times. Mad

Posts: 49 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: July 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
We had a "Making of" BBT program which showed a live audience while it's being filmed. The laughter is genuine.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

I guess I missed the fireworks, I thought the arguments had worn out a couple of pages back.

Anyway FYI, I was able to get a couple of BBT boxes at a decent price on release, but was just told that the price had jumped another $20 if I wanted more.

No, I don't want more. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
We had a "Making of" BBT program which showed a live audience while it's being filmed. The laughter is genuine.

I have no doubt the people lucky enough to view a live taping are laughing, but that's not the sound you hear when the episodes are edited and aired. It is a track, especially made to punch up slower spots and enhance further the big gags, and not much different than a musical score in that way.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't collect BBT but am curious if everyones fears were relized, hard to find and high priced. I'm expecting the same situation with TWD which I do collect.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I don't collect BBT but am curious if everyones fears were relized, hard to find and high priced. I'm expecting the same situation with TWD which I do collect.

The opposite. I know that DA had them for $62 and change on Black Friday and they can be had for the $65-70 range from what I've seen. Far from the 100+ that seasons 3/4 were.

Posts: 7 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the opposite has happened.
There seem to be a ton of new sellers who are selling BBT. Seems like with the new distribution system, the product is going into more hands than before.
Good news is that the prices are very good as people who don't collect are selling what they got very cheaply (flippers).
Bad news- there is no way this release will be worth what the previous 2 are worth.
I guess Cryptozoic got their wish- more collectors will have the product. One thing they didn't probably think about is that if their previous dealers don't make money off this and WD, they will never buy the other marginal releases from Crypto leaving them scratching their heads about what to do with all the excess.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think this must depend on where you are buying, as I was told that the box price had gone up $20 if I wanted more.

However I agree that if this release was pre-ordered by a lot of people who thought they were going to flip for profit, it might wind up dumped instead.

Honestly I don't think that would be a bad thing. Collectors should be able to get boxes at or below SRP. If speculators lose money maybe they will go find another business to exploit.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think BBT 5 lived up to the hype of the previous releases so I don't think it's really a valid comparison to what would happen with a release that was in as much demand as BBT 5 was expected to bring.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
A little off topic, but has anyone gotten their binders yet?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I don't understand you guys. Am I missing something?

Did CZE make more boxes? If not, how can anyone say it's getting into the hands of more collectors?

I don't know about BBT, but I do know about TWD, and the price did not go up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I don't understand you guys. Am I missing something?

Did CZE make more boxes? If not, how can anyone say it's getting into the hands of more collectors?

I don't know about BBT, but I do know about TWD, and the price did not go up.

In previous years, my dealer was able to get cases of BBT. This time, he was allocated only a few boxes.
The reason he was allocated only a few boxes, I would suspect, is that this time the handful of "distributors" who are Crypto authorized sellers have more customers who expressed interest in it than when it was just Crypto selling it to their select dealer list of the past.
Thus, people who didn't have access to it from Crypto before, can now get a few boxes/cases from D&A Card World, GTS, Diamond etc when they maybe couldn't get it from those sources last time as I am sure they (D&A, GTS, Diamond) didn't get nearly as much product last time as they did this time- being that the whole run was distributed to just these folks (and a few non-us distributors).
If you had the chance to get in on it now, I am sure you did thinking you would profit on the flip seeing as how good the profits were in the past.
So you have more people buying- product in more hands- and people starting to worry about getting stuck with it so selling it at minimal margins or even at a loss to get rid of it.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Oh, I think you're trying to say that more boxes/cases are going into more hands. Not that that the product itself is going into more hands. Because collectors and flippers will eventually move excess product.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Isn't the Kaley Cuoco autograph card a big driver in the popularity of previous BBT sets?
She's conspicuously absent from the Season 5 set checklist as her A3 card was not issued. That alone could be why there hasn't been anywhere near the price volatility for the latest series that was witnessed with the first two.

posted Hide Post
Yes Tattoox- product will be avail from a greater source of sellers. Many of those sellers actually flippers who had easier access to BBT this year than in past years. Since they aren't collectors, they have no interest in holding product so are willing to sell for marginal profit (even loss) in order to make sure they recoup their investment. Good for collectors- bad for investors.

True Chesspieceface, no Kaley; however, Nimoy makes up for the difference there. I think the lack of other stuff- i.e. printing plates and dual costume cards- is what is making this release falter in relation to other years- plus the allocation issue mentioned above.