Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cryptozoic Big Bang Theory Allocated To The Extreme
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Big Bang Theory Allocated To The Extreme
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Heck I don't buy a ton, and I was still able to get two cases of BBT, and a case each of TWD Season 3 Part 1, and Part 2. Did I have to pay a little extra for those cases? Sure, but I expected too given they are the "hot" products from CZE.

A point that was being made is that you are forced to buy products you don't want in order to get these, did you have to do that?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
The bottom line is the distributors are holding dealers to ransom with their "you can only have this if you take that" policy. Basing an allocation on what you had before and then vastly reducing your request helps no-one apart from dealers that have seemingly bottomless wallets.

Hey Graham-That is absolutely dead on and I always like your incite on things.. The only thing I'd like to add is it doesn't matter if you buy a certain amount of one product it doesn't guarantee you squat on the product you really want. I do feel like I'm being Extorted to buy products that I really don't want in "Hopes" of getting the ones I want. Trust me my friend my wallet has cobwebs in it from buying the releases that I really don't want and am sitting on because nobody wants them and may wallet is not bottomless.. I think it's the distributors and Cryptozoic that has those deep wallets. I truly am discussed and sad at the same time to see what is happening to our hobby. If they would increase production and go back to having some competition with having all of their dealers and distributors on an equal playing field like before that would help quite a lot. How many collectors and dealers are going to just enough is enough. In my eyes this move is going to hurt Cryptozoic badly because they won't always have the hot product with all the big name premium cards. When collectors see that more and more of the top stars won't sign like "Penny" from BBT or they only get back 5 autographs and those will be impossible to find.. Bet they won't be as allocated then. Cutting out the Crypto Dealers was a big mistake. They were the advertisers, sellers and promoters for Cryptozoic Products.

Ok, I feel the need to chime in here. I agree with both Snoopy and Chuckb. There is a lot of grumbling by people in here and A LOT of misinformation being thrown around here.

First, let's get rid of the myth that "dealers make $$" in non-sports cards. A lot of you guys bash dealers thinking they make money, but the bottom line is almost 99% of all products coming out come out close to cost. Factoring in paypal fee's, etc, it really isn't worth ANY dealer's time anymore to deal in it. Don't believe me? Go ahead and ask Henry at Juniors, or heck even Tim here on the boards. All will agree. In the past 18 months, there has been less than a handful of products to actually go up: Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, and Marvel Premiere/Retro. With the exception of a couple of smaller releases (ie: viceroy) That's it. I can't help but laugh everytime I see a post from someone thinking it's a "dealers" fault.

TWS, no offense but you need to research quite a bit more if you think GTS is your only option. I came into non-sports cards not knowing anything about them, but have spent 12-18 mo's constantly reading, and learning. I own a brick/mortar shop so basically order stuff for customers. But trust me, there are other options than GTS when it comes to Crypto products. Your statement: "The only thing I'd like to add is it doesn't matter if you buy a certain amount of one product it doesn't guarantee you squat on the product you really want." Simply is not true. If you do order crypto products, you will get an allocation of the hotter stuff. But yes you do need to order other items as well.

As far as the general attitude towards cryptozoic, I will state that I think they should slow down on their releases. Too many products coming out, too soon. But to "double" production as stated by you guys?? Are you kidding? They're one of the few truly "Collectible" sets anymore. I like "True Blood/Game of Thrones" as much as the next guy, but Rittenhouse destroyed those franchises, with the exception of the GOT sketches. TB auto's heavily decline, mostly due to their "buy 18 case incentive program" ****. I can only imagine what Crypto would have done if they actually did G.O.T., would have been 100x times better AND more collectible.

It seems I'm bashing Ritten, but I'm really not. I like the look of their cards, I just feel 10,000 boxes of a particular release is overkill.

As far as GTS, yes my allocations got cut from 3 cases of BBT to 0 as well. But, I've just recently joined up with GTS and now have inquired exactly what is needed to get crypto hot items. And again, there are other resources for crypto's products TWS, other than GTS.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Heck I don't buy a ton, and I was still able to get two cases of BBT, and a case each of TWD Season 3 Part 1, and Part 2. Did I have to pay a little extra for those cases? Sure, but I expected too given they are the "hot" products from CZE.

A point that was being made is that you are forced to buy products you don't want in order to get these, did you have to do that?

This has always been the case whether it was direct through Crypto or buying panini high-end from a distributor - it is nothing new. Do you really think that Crypto would allow a dealer to buy 10 cases of walking dead every december and 10 cases of BBT every november and not buy anything else? When they have 700 total cases and 7000 orders? Who do you think gets cut first? the ones who JUST buy WD and BBT, that's who. Nothing has changed.

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:
I still can't believe all the doom and gloom talk here. I was direct with Crypto; now I go through GTS; absolutely nothing has changed (so far) for me.

Yeah...I don't get it either. People basically want their stuff for free and with as little effort as possible.

I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. I'm a small time collector, I just like to know I'll get the product I order, as I'm sure dealers who are shorted do as well.

On the other topic at hand, I think I remember someone at Crypto saying somewhere that they absolutely don't force dealers/distributors to purchase other products just to be in the running for the hotter stuff. That might've been back when the announcement was made about dealers no longer being able to order direct. Personally, I don't see a problem with throwing your better customers a bone and allocating them some more product. No different than a collector ordering consistently from a dealer, and that dealer gives those customers additional discounts or some extra packs or something.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Okay Cujobyte!!!!!!.. I did my research and GTS was the only distributor that I was ordering from at the time that was on the Crypto list. All of my other distributors were dropped which only left GTS. They took my order and then allocated the **** out of me. There's no misinformation here except from you. Collectors and dealers alike post what they experience and offer some great advice on what they see. There were and are no other options because everyone is sold out after GTS did their allocations.
I agree with you on one point and that is nobody makes $$ in non sports cards because of the Fees associated on Ebay. The point here was just the allocations and how they're affecting the hobby. This is my last post as a member of Card Talk so say what you want. To those who have been friends take care and Good Bye. To those who have slammed me or disagreed with me about passing on what I feel and see with this issue I won't say anything more. Cryptozoic and GTS-Thanks.

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay Cujobyte!!!!!!.. I did my research and GTS was the only distributor that I was ordering from at the time that was on the Crypto list. All of my other distributors were dropped which only left GTS. They took my order and then allocated the **** out of me. There's no misinformation here except from you. Collectors and dealers alike post what they experience and offer some great advice on what they see. There were and are no other options because everyone is sold out after GTS did their allocations.
I agree with you on one point and that is nobody makes $$ in non sports cards because of the Fees associated on Ebay. The point here was just the allocations and how they're affecting the hobby. This is my last post as a member of Card Talk so say what you want. To those who have been friends take care and Good Bye. To those who have slammed me or disagreed with me about passing on what I feel and see with this issue I won't say anything more. Cryptozoic and GTS-Thanks.

I'm sorry to see you go, TWS, but I understand.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

I'm sorry to see you go, TWS, but I understand.

I too am sorry to see you go TWS, but I don't understand. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
See you later, TWS. Cardtalk will be not be the same without you.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still can't believe all the doom and gloom talk here. I was direct with Crypto; now I go through GTS; absolutely nothing has changed (so far) for me.

Brace yourself, it's going to change. Unless you order 2-3 times more than you want/need, and buy CZE other product.

I've been with GTS for years on a very small scale. Never had allocations until TWD. I've spoke with them recently, and they confirmed that companies that support CZE entire line will have less allocations.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah...I don't get it either. People basically want their stuff for free and with as little effort as possible. Heck I don't buy a ton, and I was still able to get two cases of BBT, and a case each of TWD Season 3 Part 1, and Part 2. Did I have to pay a little extra for those cases? Sure, but I expected too given they are the "hot" products from CZE.

I'm curious to know if these cases are guaranteed?

GTS, as of last week or so, was still working on BBT allocations, and TWD Season 3 part 2 is not even solicited yet.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How do you expect to reach the customers with limited supply?
Simple economics wins every time! The demand is high, yet the supply is somewhat available, but at a higher price. The company will only profit if they are able to sell more than "X" units... this could explain the new distribution/allocations. Asking one person to order more will increase their average sale (just an idea...)

Only those with deep pockets are going to be able to gamble on a box, only to maybe get a decent autograph if you are lucky!

Perhaps e-Bay will be the way to go for these sets?
If non-members of NSU are going flood e-Bay with their extras, picking up your base sets and inserts should be a piece of cake for those of us who don't want to complete a master set!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
The bottom line is the distributors are holding dealers to ransom with their "you can only have this if you take that" policy. Basing an allocation on what you had before and then vastly reducing your request helps no-one apart from dealers that have seemingly bottomless wallets.

Hey Graham-That is absolutely dead on and I always like your incite on things.. The only thing I'd like to add is it doesn't matter if you buy a certain amount of one product it doesn't guarantee you squat on the product you really want. I do feel like I'm being Extorted to buy products that I really don't want in "Hopes" of getting the ones I want. Trust me my friend my wallet has cobwebs in it from buying the releases that I really don't want and am sitting on because nobody wants them and may wallet is not bottomless.. I think it's the distributors and Cryptozoic that has those deep wallets. I truly am discussed and sad at the same time to see what is happening to our hobby. If they would increase production and go back to having some competition with having all of their dealers and distributors on an equal playing field like before that would help quite a lot. How many collectors and dealers are going to just enough is enough. In my eyes this move is going to hurt Cryptozoic badly because they won't always have the hot product with all the big name premium cards. When collectors see that more and more of the top stars won't sign like "Penny" from BBT or they only get back 5 autographs and those will be impossible to find.. Bet they won't be as allocated then. Cutting out the Crypto Dealers was a big mistake. They were the advertisers, sellers and promoters for Cryptozoic Products.

Ok, I feel the need to chime in here. I agree with both Snoopy and Chuckb. There is a lot of grumbling by people in here and A LOT of misinformation being thrown around here.

First, let's get rid of the myth that "dealers make $$" in non-sports cards. A lot of you guys bash dealers thinking they make money, but the bottom line is almost 99% of all products coming out come out close to cost. Factoring in paypal fee's, etc, it really isn't worth ANY dealer's time anymore to deal in it. Don't believe me? Go ahead and ask Henry at Juniors, or heck even Tim here on the boards. All will agree. In the past 18 months, there has been less than a handful of products to actually go up: Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, and Marvel Premiere/Retro. With the exception of a couple of smaller releases (ie: viceroy) That's it. I can't help but laugh everytime I see a post from someone thinking it's a "dealers" fault.

TWS, no offense but you need to research quite a bit more if you think GTS is your only option. I came into non-sports cards not knowing anything about them, but have spent 12-18 mo's constantly reading, and learning. I own a brick/mortar shop so basically order stuff for customers. But trust me, there are other options than GTS when it comes to Crypto products. Your statement: "The only thing I'd like to add is it doesn't matter if you buy a certain amount of one product it doesn't guarantee you squat on the product you really want." Simply is not true. If you do order crypto products, you will get an allocation of the hotter stuff. But yes you do need to order other items as well.

As far as the general attitude towards cryptozoic, I will state that I think they should slow down on their releases. Too many products coming out, too soon. But to "double" production as stated by you guys?? Are you kidding? They're one of the few truly "Collectible" sets anymore. I like "True Blood/Game of Thrones" as much as the next guy, but Rittenhouse destroyed those franchises, with the exception of the GOT sketches. TB auto's heavily decline, mostly due to their "buy 18 case incentive program" ****. I can only imagine what Crypto would have done if they actually did G.O.T., would have been 100x times better AND more collectible.

It seems I'm bashing Ritten, but I'm really not. I like the look of their cards, I just feel 10,000 boxes of a particular release is overkill.

As far as GTS, yes my allocations got cut from 3 cases of BBT to 0 as well. But, I've just recently joined up with GTS and now have inquired exactly what is needed to get crypto hot items. And again, there are other resources for crypto's products TWS, other than GTS.

You're right, there's Diamond. Lessor discount and often allocate cards, mainly because they don't order many. They're a comic distributor, not a card distributor. And there's a few .... what are they being called??? Certified On-Line Dealers.

As I recently said, GTS confirms that allocations will be greater for those that don't support the line.

This is where I don't agree with you and CZE.
Make more of the hot product. There's no reason except $$$ to force average licenses on the consumer. They get the license cheap, and make the same amount, and this is their way to get rid of it. I don't want it, nor do my customers. We don't even want BBT, yet we're allocated/punished for not ordering the other stuff.

I suggest, instead of pissing off collectors and running off collectors, make more of the "hot" product and less for the other. The bottom line will be the same, and will retain customers for the long haul. But what do I know, being on all sides of this hobby for 20 years.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
How do you expect to reach the customers with limited supply?
Simple economics wins every time! The demand is high, yet the supply is somewhat available, but at a higher price. The company will only profit if they are able to sell more than "X" units... this could explain the new distribution/allocations. Asking one person to order more will increase their average sale (just an idea...)

Only those with deep pockets are going to be able to gamble on a box, only to maybe get a decent autograph if you are lucky!

Perhaps e-Bay will be the way to go for these sets?
If non-members of NSU are going flood e-Bay with their extras, picking up your base sets and inserts should be a piece of cake for those of us who don't want to complete a master set!

Yeah, I've already started that with some of my personal sets. If I don't want the thrill of opening packs and finding a rare card, the mini-master set is guaranteed and cheaper.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This has always been the case whether it was direct through Crypto or buying panini high-end from a distributor - it is nothing new. Do you really think that Crypto would allow a dealer to buy 10 cases of walking dead every december and 10 cases of BBT every november and not buy anything else? When they have 700 total cases and 7000 orders? Who do you think gets cut first? the ones who JUST buy WD and BBT, that's who. Nothing has changed.

That's true, but it doesn't make it right. They already know they're sitting on a hot product. So why not make more? I know they don't want to piss of the guys that want to make a big mark up. Yet they're pissing off the end consumer.

Looks like 2/3 of orders are being allocated, so why not meet in the middle with upping production by 50%. Cards still hold resale value. End customer is happy. And most of all, to them, they just made 50% more profit.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
quote:

Yeah...I don't get it either. People basically want their stuff for free and with as little effort as possible.

I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. I'm a small time collector, I just like to know I'll get the product I order, as I'm sure dealers who are shorted do as well.

On the other topic at hand, I think I remember someone at Crypto saying somewhere that they absolutely don't force dealers/distributors to purchase other products just to be in the running for the hotter stuff. That might've been back when the announcement was made about dealers no longer being able to order direct. Personally, I don't see a problem with throwing your better customers a bone and allocating them some more product. No different than a collector ordering consistently from a dealer, and that dealer gives those customers additional discounts or some extra packs or something.

Yes, it's good to reward your better customers. Yet CZE is orchestrating the show for GTS. As I said, CZE liaison at GTS confirms the buy all CZE and you will be allocated less.

Well if you as a collector or dealer have no interest in the product or X number of $/customers your going to buy what you want and/or can afford/sale. CZE isn't the only show in town. Sounds like they're trying to monopolize the industry/hobby.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Because the end product will be more of Captain Sweatpants autos (lesser autos). The number of autos by main cast will remain the same. That may means many, many cases without a main cast auto.

I really don't understand the issue here. I busted the following CZE products this year:

(3) cases The Vampire Diaries Season 2
(2) cases Psych Seasons 1-4
(3) cases Fringe Seasons 3 and 4
(1) case of Castle Seasons 1-2
(1) case of The Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 and 4 (not from the same source as the others)

So basically about 1 a month, and from that I was able to get 2 cases of BBT Season 5 and a case each of the next Walking Dead releases allocated to me at a reasonable price. Maybe my definition of a lot is not the same as others, but I enjoyed opening each one of those products, and don't really consider that a lot of product.

quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's true, but it doesn't make it right. They already know they're sitting on a hot product. So why not make more? I know they don't want to piss of the guys that want to make a big mark up. Yet they're pissing off the end consumer.

Looks like 2/3 of orders are being allocated, so why not meet in the middle with upping production by 50%. Cards still hold resale value. End customer is happy. And most of all, to them, they just made 50% more profit.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because the end product will be more of Captain Sweatpants autos (lesser autos). The number of autos by main cast will remain the same. That may means many, many cases without a main cast auto.

I really don't understand the issue here. I busted the following CZE products this year:

(1) case of The Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 and 4 (not from the same source as the others)

So basically about 1 a month, and from that I was able to get 2 cases of BBT Season 5 and a case each of the next Walking Dead releases allocated to me at a reasonable price. Maybe my definition of a lot is not the same as others, but I enjoyed opening each one of those products, and don't really consider that a lot of product.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good for you, but that doesn't answer my previous question....if I'm not mistaken, that I asked you. I'll reword it.

So you're in real good with a dealer. And even if he get's allocated, someone else will miss out, because he has guaranteed your order, right?

He must order a ton from GTS if this is true.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As far as I know the person I use has already been allocated their cases from their sources (that's right there is more than GTS out there). They are only moving what they have been allocated. Why you would sell more than you know you're getting is beyond me, and I do agree that if you are guaranteed a certain number of boxes or cases your dealer should deliver those if you paid for them. There should be none of this refund of what they can't deliver. They need to deliver, and if they have to buy cases from other sources to meet what they sold then that's what they should do.

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good for you, but that doesn't answer my previous question....if I'm not mistaken, that I asked you. I'll reword it.

So you're in real good with a dealer. And even if he get's allocated, someone else will miss out, because he has guaranteed your order, right?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Okay, so it's not GTS and I know that Diamond doesn't work one on one and guarantee orders. So it is one of the on-line people, unless CZE picked up some more distributors that I haven't heard about.

Either way, at the end of last month GTS told me that they were working with CZE on figuring out allocations for BBT. Just checked my phone log. On the 21st GTS said they still had not finalized allocations for BBT.

TWD s3 pt1 is still available for order.
TWD s3 pt2 has not been solicited from GTS or Diamond.

I am intrigued and puzzled how any company can be sure of their allocations before the product has been put up for order.

I believe you said you paid a little more for the ones you got. I'm pretty sure some if not all of the on-line distributors are upping the price. Then again, it sounds more like you're going through a "dealer", not a distributor. And that would explain having to pay more. Every hand a product goes through, it gets a little more expensive.

You used the word "person" which to me must be a dealer. Basically that person/dealer is at the mercy of a distributor. And they are at the mercy of the manufacturer. Not only does the price go up with every transaction, but your odds of getting what you order go down.

I hope you share your end results with both parts of TWD S3.

quote:
As far as I know the person I use has already been allocated their cases from their sources (that's right there is more than GTS out there). They are only moving what they have been allocated. Why you would sell more than you know you're getting is beyond me, and I do agree that if you are guaranteed a certain number of boxes or cases your dealer should deliver those if you paid for them. There should be none of this refund of what they can't deliver. They need to deliver, and if they have to buy cases from other sources to meet what they sold then that's what they should do.

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

[/QUOTE]

You're right Chuck, your definition of a lot is not the same as others. The hobby store where I order my boxes didn't get anywhere near that much Crypto product for the whole store. Fringe didn't move at all, I got my Castle alright, VD and Psych I didn't care about and BBT I got two boxes.

If you can afford to buy ten cases from a single manufacturer in a few months you should be a preferred customer. I can't and I'm not. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post