Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jason Sudeikis
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Jason Sudeikis is on a Mandalorian card:

Does he appear on any other cards?

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Although perhaps technically true, would many people call that a Sudeikis appearance? He could be either one of those two troopers. I could be the other one. Big Grin Is he at least identified on the back?

I imagine you could say the same thing about The Mandalorian himself. At least two other credited doubles wear the suit as much or more than Pascal. So how do you know who you are really looking at in full Mandalorian costume on any given card?

Its why I dislike many Star Wars cards in general. Two many common signers with characters having face plates and rubber heads. If its not just voice work, or reasonable makeup, those full costumes with no recognizable face don't mean much to me. Vader is an exception, but for Jones it was voice work. Prowse was the suit.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many people would call that a Sudeikis appearance. Right now, in lieu of a better one, I'm calling it that.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's fine. I was going for a more a general observation about the Mandalorian and a lot of other Star Wars characters. For example, it was confirmed awhile ago that Bryce Dallas Howard, who directed a pivotal episode in the first season, said she never met Pascal back then. He was in a play somewhere else at the time it was filmed. I think she has since directed other episodes, but that first time the suit was filled by Brendon Wayne, John Wayne's grandson. It was Pascal's voice dubbed in later.

Could anyone tell if they hadn't said it? Nope and that's your star actor too, imagine the lesser players. Whatever photos were taken from that episode weren't actually of him. Some of these Star Wars costumes make it too easy to be anybody. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The fact that sometimes a picture of the Mandalorian shows a suit with someone other than Pedro Pascal in it doesn't have much to do with this card. Sudeikis portrayed "Bike Scout Trooper #1", did the voice, and there's not really any question that he's one of the guys in the picture.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
@chesspiecefact -- yeah, I saw those on ebay. It's hard for me to think of them as cards, given how they are put together and marketed. I could grab a photo off the internet and open up Inkscape and make a card of my own. (Of course, I don't really think of sketches as cards, either.)

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I like it but not at those prices!!!!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
There is an official Topps Ted Lasso promo card from several years ago. From my understanding, it was made in conjunction with a promotion that took place primarily in pubs. Someone on eBay has been selling reprints but real ones do exist.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
It's funny how 'availability' affects choices in how we collect. When I first started out, I was way more generous in what I called a Trek card. Now that I have tons (lol), I'm a bit more pickier. Were I a Ted Lasso fan (I AM. I AM). I'd want that card. After a few seasons of Ted Lasso cards, I might not want it Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The guy who originally did the Ted Lasso card has done some gorgeous work. If I collected custom cards, I'd have to pick many of these up.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have an image of that card?

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
There is an official Topps Ted Lasso promo card from several years ago. From my understanding, it was made in conjunction with a promotion that took place primarily in pubs. Someone on eBay has been selling reprints but real ones do exist.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

quote:

It's pictured here: https://worldsoccertalk.com/20...ouncing-team-photos/

Although a mock-up, I have seen photos of the actual card and it's exactly like that.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
The guy who originally did the Ted Lasso card has done some gorgeous work. If I collected custom cards, I'd have to pick many of these up.

The artist, Cuyler Smith, just released a new Ted Lasso 4 card set (Ted, Beard, Nate, Roy) as part of his Series 6 on Monday. It sold out pretty much instantly.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll have to watch for that. Here's an image of the card in case the link is broken in the future.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

quote:

It's pictured here: https://worldsoccertalk.com/20...ouncing-team-photos/

Although a mock-up, I have seen photos of the actual card and it's exactly like that.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post