Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards that have significantly increased in value.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards that have significantly increased in value.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jonathan Davis (Korn lead singer) Fans of the Game autograph sold for $127.50 (175060799211). This was a $15-30 autograph for a very long time.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Willem Dafoe's Spider-Man card for $700.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Willem Dafoe's Spider-Man card for $700.

I remember buying a sealed case of that for $400 in a Black Friday sale 2007 Eek . I did not get a Dafoe but did get three Stan Lee's and a Tobey Maguire . At the time all the autos bar Maguire were relatively easy and cheap to pick up , I think the Dafoe cost me about $40 .

Prices now are nuts !

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I was browsing various actors and happened to see just one Benedict Cumberbatch Star Trek Inflexions autograph and it's $1,499. Last time I looked a few months back it was around $400-500. Is that just a one-off speculative listing, or is it anywhere near realistic? I hadn't looked for his cards for a while so I might be behind on values.
I get that he's a popular actor, but that's a steep rise. Eek

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's likely more because of Dr. Strange than Star Trek. Besides his other Marvel appearances and his own movie, Dr Strange plays a big role in the new "Spider-Man No Way Home" that is breaking box office records and Cumberbatch himself may be Oscar nominated for "The Power of the Dog". He's hot now.

I would say his Star Trek autograph should be his off-brand title, but they will try for the sky and take a best offer. His signature hasn't been overused yet.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Ah, right. So with Spider Man being recently released, that makes sense. I haven't yet felt the inspiration to watch The Power of the Dog. That's one for bored downtime over Christmas.

I'm not a huge follower of Marvel, my eyes have started to glaze over with superhero movie fatigue, but did he have any autograph cards with any Marvel release? I assume they'd be the sticker variety, if so. At least the Star Trek card is on-card and a pretty clear signature. Nice to know *cough* I'll keep hold of mine a bit longer, though. *cough*. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I know Cumberbatch signed in UD's 2016 Dr. Strange. I think it was at least two designs, but of course they were very short printed. I know he didn't sign for Marvel Black Diamond, which would have been a big card. I'm not 100% sure he didn't sign for some other product, but I don't think so offhand. He doesn't seem like the type to flood the market with autographs someday, so that helps too.

I also haven't paid much attention to recent Marvel cards because UD makes pulling an autograph card from their boxes too risky and I'm not interested in getting a sketch and a relic as the hits.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
A little surprised Dafoe hasn't jumped into crazy price land much sooner.

Look at his on card signature and then imagine what happens to it if he ever agrees to sign a sticker for UD.

Garbage!

If I remember correctly Cumberbatch UD cards suffered by comparison to RA as well.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I sold my Downey Iron Man (which I got from a pack in 2008) basically to pay a few bills. This was back when it was worth only $2,500, so like, two years ago. D'oh.

On the upside, from that money, I consciously plucked a mere 50 bucks so as to finally get that Spidey Willem Dafoe autograph I always wanted (for my "Wild At Heart" set. Still need someone to get Cage to sign cards, tho), so that was a nice consolation for parting with the RDJ.

When I was Harrison Ford-chasing from those clearance-priced "Ender's Game" boxes, I got two Steinfelds and was delighted to sell them for $100 each back then. Obviously, I should have kept at least one. The card has doubled from that value twice, and likely will grow further.

The rising MCU tide lifts all boats.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Ah, right. So with Spider Man being recently released, that makes sense. I haven't yet felt the inspiration to watch The Power of the Dog. That's one for bored downtime over Christmas.

I've (cleverly) nicknamed that movie "Anthrax Mountain".

Watching the final Bond on DVD, the new Matrix on HBO Max, and Jen/Leo tonight on NetFlix.

Good times, Merry Everything, y'all...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see whether or not the Jessica Henwick GOT autograph cards increase in value since she has a somewhat sizable role in the new Matrix movie.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man variant autograph just sold for $1600!

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
It will be interesting to see whether or not the Jessica Henwick GOT autograph cards increase in value since she has a somewhat sizable role in the new Matrix movie.

Given the movie's lackluster reception, probably not likely. She also has autos in numerous Star Wars sets.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

Given the movie's lackluster reception, probably not likely. She also has autos in numerous Star Wars sets.

She wasn't terrible it's just the movie was written that way. I think I actually enjoyed the acting more in this one than I did in the previous two I just didn't get what the movie was trying to do. Maybe it was too advanced for me.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

When I was Harrison Ford-chasing from those clearance-priced "Ender's Game" boxes, I got two Steinfelds and was delighted to sell them for $100 each back then. Obviously, I should have kept at least one. The card has doubled from that value twice, and likely will grow further.

Picked mine up for $80 still have it. I have only gone through one selling spree in the past 22 years.....I regretted it.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do not know wether this card has gone up in value but the Sopranos A-DC signature Case Incentive card just sold for $100 US 21 bids 10 bidders
On Nov 10 the same card from the same seller sold for $38.54 10 bids 6 bidders
Not sure if this card is worth the money there seems to be a few coming up lately and the same seller has sold two how many more do they have.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There a bit of a free-for-all going with the "Fox NFL Sunday: The Announcers" promo set (Skybox, 1995). It's technically a sports promo set though it doesn't promote a football set outright. It promotes the announcing teams the Fox network had that year so Todd counted it as a non-sports promo in PCE2008 with a value of $10.

An unopened pack sold as a Best Offer for somewhere less than $85 two weeks ago and another one sold for $79.99 yesterday - no doubt spurred by the passing of John Madden yesterday who is on card #1 with Pat Summerall. A set of the cards out of the pack also sold yesterday but for $199.99. There's a pack up for auction right now starting at $99.

This set has not been offered very often recently. I was looking for it earlier this year but couldn't find one for sale nor a record of a sale.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know most people here aren't big fans of graded cards, but it sure shot the value up of the 1977 Star Wars set. Just sold for $55k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203690542514

Posts: 29 | Location: Bonaire, GA | Registered: November 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt Jon1:
I know most people here aren't big fans of graded cards, but it sure shot the value up of the 1977 Star Wars set. Just sold for $55k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203690542514

Thats just total madness and yet there are people out there who are willing to pay that price. Eek Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Obviously when someone plunks down $55,000 on a mass-produced card solely because of its perceived gem mint condition, they are anticipating further investment value among those people that concentrate on the graded number.

It really shows how disconnected this type of buying is from the card collecting community as a whole when you and me, and probably close to everyone reading this, think its nuts. Is this really the best you can do with your money? Big Grin

Of course you have to realize that the doodle Banksy drew and then SHREDDED just resold for 25.4M a few months ago. So what's $55,000 compared to that? Wink

If memory serves me correctly, I think this kind of stuff is what started the French revolution. Big Grin