Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards that have significantly increased in value.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards that have significantly increased in value.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rodney Mullen Allen and Ginter Auto $147 254912744651

I bought one of these a year ago for ~$30

Here is the bid history . . . 4 different bidders at $135 or more:

s***f(667feedback score: 667) $147.50 30 Mar 2021 at 7:50:18pm PDT
4***2(75feedback score: 75) $145.00 30 Mar 2021 at 7:50:19pm PDT
8***5(113feedback score: 113) $145.00 30 Mar 2021 at 7:50:19pm PDT
b***s(2987feedback score: 2987) $135.00 30 Mar 2021 at 7:50:16pm PDT

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Some of the season 1 Walking Dead sigs are on the move.

Lennie James $244.75
Jon Bernthal $399
Michael Rooker $345.00
Emma Bell $90.55

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This isn't like the others as it is a much more recent release, but Gina Carano's Cara Dune autograph from Mandalorian Season 1 just sold for $315 (384073936070). Back in November these were selling for under $150.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is a big jump because I was just checking prices a couple of weeks ago when the average over the previous 3 months was $130-200 with a Red (#'ed of 99) or even a Bronze (#'d of 50) going for about $200 each.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
This isn't like the others as it is a much more recent release, but Gina Carano's Cara Dune autograph from Mandalorian Season 1 just sold for $315 (384073936070). Back in November these were selling for under $150.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just noticed that a PZ1 from "The Phantom Zone" 6-card promo set sold for $76.03 as a BIN this past February. I think I got the PZ1-PZ5 group for maybe $35 a long time ago and PCE2008 lists them for $10 each. Are those cards selling regularly at close to that or was that a case of someone willing to pay the crazy price for something?

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I just noticed that a PZ1 from "The Phantom Zone" 6-card promo set sold for $76.03 as a BIN this past February. I think I got the PZ1-PZ5 group for maybe $35 a long time ago and PCE2008 lists them for $10 each. Are those cards selling regularly at close to that or was that a case of someone willing to pay the crazy price for something?

Not familiar with this set, and I can't find any listings on eBay.

posted Hide Post
Coolio's last Daredevil autograph sold for $75 (303903435866) -- the previous one sold for $25, and no more are listed.

I feel like this was a sub $10 card not too long ago.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find it right away - something about an inefficiency with the Ebay search - but here it is:

It's one of the cards that was given out in the 90's by a store in Australia.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynam...e:g:ZpsAAOSw~tpf7kVb

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Not familiar with this set, and I can't find any listings on eBay.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Wow! Is anyone watching the activity on the C3PO (x-rated) error card?

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about the number of them available, that is interesting. I saw one completed auction in which the reserve was not met so the seller relisted it. It ended at $122.50. I think the seller should have taken that because the card is quite clearly off-center and one like that tends to go for less.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're talking about the number of them available, that is interesting. I saw one completed auction in which the reserve was not met so the seller relisted it. It ended at $122.50. I think the seller should have taken that because the card is quite clearly off-center and one like that tends to go for less.

Jess

quote:

I'm talking about it wasn't long ago you could pick em up for under $20.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The problem with this card these days is the massive amount of fakes around, some of which are stated to be copies............and some not.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right, I haven't been watching how they have been selling but it was relatively uncommon years ago. I did notice that the Beckett Almanac recorded a general drop in value from 2019 to 2020 from $30-80 to $25-50. One of my friends bought one at least 30 years ago and was thinking of selling it now. He might just hang onto it if it's in that range.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The problem with this card these days is the massive amount of fakes around, some of which are stated to be copies............and some not.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have just seen a Buffy Season 7 CL1
The Joss Whedon signed case card
go for UK 104 Pound about US $143
That is a big leap in price

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was checking Ebay's Completed Listings and happened to notice another set exploding in value. It's a set of Nike stickers, 12 standard size that were part of a 1993 promotion for Nike Aerospace shoes with Michael Jordan and various Looney Tunes characters. You could buy some of the stickers (6?) in a bubble pack for $1.99 or you could get the set in a CD case with a sheet of mini-stickers as a promo from the shoe store. I don't remember how you could get the promo but one dealer told me you could get it when you bought a pair of the shoes. You could buy 2 sheets of the mini-stickers in a retail bubble pack as well.

Anyway, years went by and you would see the stickers for sale occasionally and for about $1-2 each. Over the past few months, singles have been selling starting at $15 with one of the Jordan stickers starting at $150. Sets of 12 have been selling for $235-400. The promo set in the CD case was selling for $200-400 in January to early March, but since then, the price range jumped to $400-1100.

A sealed $1.99 bubble pack has been selling for $300-500. Even the mini-sticker sheets are going for $25-60 each. Part of me thinks I should go back and check to make sure I got those numbers right.

Here's a scan of the stickers:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Don't think I have ever seen that one. It is a pretty cool set!

Probably thousands produced.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't remember seeing the bubble packs for sale - maybe they were just in shoe stores? It appears just about everyone who had the stickers is trying to sell them now. You will see some crazy offers that went unaccepted in the Completed Listings if you search for "nike sticker jordan" or "nike aerospace."

Jess

quote:
Don't think I have ever seen that one. It is a pretty cool set!

Probably thousands produced.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've noticed cards increase in value just after i have bid on them, usually to just more than i have bid. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I've noticed cards increase in value just after i have bid on them, usually to just more than i have bid. Big Grin

That's the Siren's Call to bid again. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While looking at the Nike Aerospace Jordan stickers, a couple of listings of "Nike Trading Cards" came up. This is a 6-card set from 1991, each in its own fold-up sleeve and featuring Michael Jordan with Spike Lee as "Mars Blackmon" from the Nike ads running at the time. I thought it was a promo set when I found one at a local hobby shop but it was something that could be ordered through Advance Comics (40 sets per display box).

I don't recall the original sale price but I bought a set for about $8-9 maybe 20 years ago. In the past month or two, sets have been selling for about $25-40 each, going for at least double that about 3 months ago. I don't know if that indicates the item is cooling off toward its previous value. I know mint-graded singles have sold for $200.

Here's what the set looks like:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,