Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards that have significantly increased in value.
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards that have significantly increased in value.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
If my Terapeak search is accurate there have only been 2 sold in the last year -- one for a $50 BIN in January and one last October for $185.

I bought the one in January.

Nice pick up -- congrats!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Sold for $2600

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31416...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow!! Sold for $2600

does that mean the seller was in the uk or the buyer?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow!! Sold for $2600

Garbage Pail Kids Adam Bomb Diamond sparkle 64/75 75th Anniversary

Insane. I never would have thought those parallels would be sought after.

Of course I don't really understand the parallel/serial number thing anyway.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised at the price. However, Topps 75th has a following and a lot of those collectors weren't satisfied with just getting the autographs or the refractor parallel set. Some of them did go or are going for the whole Diamond level. Add the GPK collectors who want that card and the speculators who see even more of a payday down the road and you get a $2500 sale.

Topps has to be considering an 85th anniversary set for next year.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As shipping is 50 P Uk I presume the seller was from Uk
AsI am in NZ the shipping cost that comes up on my computer is to NZ from werever the seller is
but with the Selling price being what it is in my opinion the seller should of got the item shipped to him or her free

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
In the same vein as giving a heads up on Brendan Fraser's chances of landing an Oscar this year, Cate Blanchett might be collecting her 3rd for "Tar". Again not one of your more mainstream box office winners, but the kind of movie that Academy Award voters love and the reviews for Blanchett are spectacular.

Both of her LotR autograph cards have already risen out of their "book" stagnation in the last couple of years. It would appear that no more from her will be in CZX's Middle Earth. Whether she wins Best Actress or not, and she may already have won it according to some, I think she will be all over Awards season. Her signature cards should stand a good chance of jumping again.

I bought her LOTR FOTR autograph card 20 years ago for $40.00. So glad I’ve held onto these LOTR cards over the years. Well, I did sell my Figwit. Big Grin

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw 2 different auctions for Stargate "Bill Nye the Science Guy" autos go for $ 125 each

Are those high ?

Someone else has an auction for the same card, asking price $ 2,000 !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I saw 2 different auctions for Stargate "Bill Nye the Science Guy" autos go for $ 125 each

Are those high ?

That's about double what they were 12-18 months ago.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have noticed the 5 cards on the 2001 SpongeBob set by Koolstuff going for alot on ebay.

A recent sent of 5 sold for around $ 60, and I see singles with asking prices of $ 25 and up

Seems like alot of SpongeBob cards are HOT now

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that a Trump auto on the Apprentice set recently sold for 1 K and another for $ 2,500.00

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I see that a Trump auto on the Apprentice set recently sold for 1 K and another for $ 2,500.00

$2500 is really strong, I wonder why one sold for so much more than the other.

posted Hide Post
255838434685 -- Ryan Reynolds X-Men Origins Wolverine auto

$1969.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25569...tkp%3ABk9SR4z_556nYQ

Another one of those interesting auctions where there were much cheaper ones available.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another one of those interesting auctions where there were much cheaper ones available.

Yes. Right now, there are two on ebay for $215 and $199. Much cheaper than $750.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It might just be an impulse buy of an uncommon card. Somebody saw it and wanted it and didn't bother to check for others for sale. I've done that but it was a $20 card I could've had for $10.

It could be a speculator who doesn't care what the price is if he thinks he can double it.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:

Yes. Right now, there are two on ebay for $215 and $199. Much cheaper than $750.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25569...tkp%3ABk9SR4z_556nYQ

Description for when the link dies: Christina Hendricks Autograph for $750.

I wonder if the charity aspect of this auction had anything to do with the sale -- I'm guessing it did, but even if it did that would be stupid -- the charity got $150 in this case. They could have bought a Hendricks auto for and donated $500 to the charity and spent less money while also giving triple the money to the charity.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well a portion of the sale is going to charity after all. Big Grin

No, there is too much of an overpayment on that card for enthusiasm to be the reason, but it does push it into the eBay Authentication range. So let them figure out what's going on, if they even care.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Both the other Hendricks currently for sale are both US Only items.

This shipped to Poland, I'm told. So the seller being willing to ship outside the US might have played into it.

Or a buyer with more money than us that does not price shop, but buys what they want when they see it.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I started buying stuff on Ebay in 1999 (sometimes Ebay tells me how long it's been), there were people who paid crazy money for things or two bidders would duel a $40 item over $300. I saw it. Around 2008, that kind of buyer seemed to disappear. Well, it seems he's back. Maybe he got rich again during the pandemic somehow and is spending again.