Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards that have significantly increased in value.
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards that have significantly increased in value.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for crazed collectors to start waging a price war between big sticker and little sticker "uncirculated".

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well the big sticker is obviously worth more as you get more sticker. Bouncey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, stick(er) it to 'em!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Panini Justin Bieber autographs have jumped again.

Americana numbered to 299 have sold for $600+
Americana numbered to 99 have sold for $750+
Fans of the Game $1100+

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Americana numbered to 299 have sold for $600+
Fans of the Game $1100+

That 299 one seemed stuck at $300 for awhile, couldn't understand why it wasn't moving. His signature does not look that nice any more.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clearly I regret selling mine for $90 years ago. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Sucks. . . but I try to remember that someone feels that way about some of the cards I have in my collection too. . .

Hopefully it all balances out.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Well, $90 must have looked good to you at the time. It would have been worse if you just traded it for cards that didn't increase at that rate. In all the time I've collected, I have traded cards only on a couple of occasions just because I wouldn't want to have that regret in hindsight. At least if you get money, maybe you bought something nice with it. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Really glad to have this legend on hand all these years...............pack pulled myself back in 2007

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Another one which I recently sent to PSA.. not often seen as Tom Hardy don't often sign for cards

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those are very nice cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
another on card auto that was graded at the same time. pack pulled myself too and still have the redemption card. really really stoked to get that gem!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very nice, great card to have. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I have the Jones and Hardy as well. As far as I know that is the ONLY Hardy signed card.

At one time Williams would sign through the mail requests. The two items I got back from him have jumped up several hundred dollars.

Decided to get em authenticated through JSA.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Definitely agree that John Williams have increased in value significantly. 2 cards have emerged on ebay but I don't think it is worth that much. I have been offered $3k for it through instagram from a legit collector but I declined it. Card is on its way to PSA now, at best it will be a 8 but doesn't matter to me, I just want it slabbed to protect it.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That Williams card is terrific! I love the way his blurred hand in the photo captures the energy of his conducting.

Hopefully, there will be a Star Wars 50th set that celebrates the behind-the-scenes crew with autographs like the 30th set so wonderfully did.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joseph Quinn's Game of thrones cards have shot up in value since he appeared in Stranger Things.
About 10 times the price they were before his appearance.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Topps Spongebob sketch sold for $999.

It was listed for a long time, so I was surprised to see it sell -- in Terapeak it seems someone managed to buy one for $120 BIN last month -- which was a STEAL compared to recent sales.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Topps Spongebob sketch sold for $999.

It was listed for a long time, so I was surprised to see it sell -- in Terapeak it seems someone managed to buy one for $120 BIN last month -- which was a STEAL compared to recent sales.

I have noted a lot of high pricing that is allowed to just sit out there until someone is desperate enough.

Just saw that the RA card Conan mini set with James Earl Jones autograph sold for $500. Picked it up for $59 about 7 years ago. I always liked that Mako signed a card.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I've been telling people for years to pick up that James Earl Jones auto from Conan, but you know why the interest is picking up, right? They think he's next. Frown

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post