Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Cards that have significantly increased in value.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/3347018596

August 23, 2022, 04:54 AM
mykdude
Cards that have significantly increased in value.
I am waiting for crazed collectors to start waging a price war between big sticker and little sticker "uncirculated".

August 23, 2022, 09:58 AM
wolfie
Well the big sticker is obviously worth more as you get more sticker. Bouncey

August 23, 2022, 10:39 AM
cardaddict
Yeah, stick(er) it to 'em!
August 29, 2022, 10:28 PM
webjon
Panini Justin Bieber autographs have jumped again.

Americana numbered to 299 have sold for $600+
Americana numbered to 99 have sold for $750+
Fans of the Game $1100+

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,
August 31, 2022, 06:33 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Americana numbered to 299 have sold for $600+
Fans of the Game $1100+

That 299 one seemed stuck at $300 for awhile, couldn't understand why it wasn't moving. His signature does not look that nice any more.

August 31, 2022, 09:25 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:

Clearly I regret selling mine for $90 years ago. Frown
September 01, 2022, 11:45 AM
webjon
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Sucks. . . but I try to remember that someone feels that way about some of the cards I have in my collection too. . .

Hopefully it all balances out.
September 02, 2022, 05:48 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Well, $90 must have looked good to you at the time. It would have been worse if you just traded it for cards that didn't increase at that rate. In all the time I've collected, I have traded cards only on a couple of occasions just because I wouldn't want to have that regret in hindsight. At least if you get money, maybe you bought something nice with it. Smile
September 03, 2022, 07:18 AM
Cardz_house
Really glad to have this legend on hand all these years...............pack pulled myself back in 2007

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

September 03, 2022, 07:25 AM
Cardz_house
Another one which I recently sent to PSA.. not often seen as Tom Hardy don't often sign for cards

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

September 03, 2022, 09:15 AM
cardaddict
Those are very nice cards.
September 03, 2022, 09:59 AM
Cardz_house
another on card auto that was graded at the same time. pack pulled myself too and still have the redemption card. really really stoked to get that gem!

September 03, 2022, 10:24 AM
wolfie
Very nice, great card to have. Thumb Up

September 03, 2022, 11:28 AM
mykdude
I have the Jones and Hardy as well. As far as I know that is the ONLY Hardy signed card.

At one time Williams would sign through the mail requests. The two items I got back from him have jumped up several hundred dollars.

Decided to get em authenticated through JSA.

September 03, 2022, 11:40 AM
Cardz_house
Definitely agree that John Williams have increased in value significantly. 2 cards have emerged on ebay but I don't think it is worth that much. I have been offered $3k for it through instagram from a legit collector but I declined it. Card is on its way to PSA now, at best it will be a 8 but doesn't matter to me, I just want it slabbed to protect it.

September 03, 2022, 02:08 PM
chesspieceface
That Williams card is terrific! I love the way his blurred hand in the photo captures the energy of his conducting.

Hopefully, there will be a Star Wars 50th set that celebrates the behind-the-scenes crew with autographs like the 30th set so wonderfully did.

September 04, 2022, 07:09 AM
Neilsy
Joseph Quinn's Game of thrones cards have shot up in value since he appeared in Stranger Things.
About 10 times the price they were before his appearance.
September 07, 2022, 01:51 PM
webjon
A Topps Spongebob sketch sold for $999.

It was listed for a long time, so I was surprised to see it sell -- in Terapeak it seems someone managed to buy one for $120 BIN last month -- which was a STEAL compared to recent sales.
September 08, 2022, 03:22 AM
mykdude
quote:
A Topps Spongebob sketch sold for $999.

It was listed for a long time, so I was surprised to see it sell -- in Terapeak it seems someone managed to buy one for $120 BIN last month -- which was a STEAL compared to recent sales.

I have noted a lot of high pricing that is allowed to just sit out there until someone is desperate enough.

Just saw that the RA card Conan mini set with James Earl Jones autograph sold for $500. Picked it up for $59 about 7 years ago. I always liked that Mako signed a card.

September 08, 2022, 08:25 AM
Raven
I've been telling people for years to pick up that James Earl Jones auto from Conan, but you know why the interest is picking up, right? They think he's next. Frown