Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THIS IS SPINAL TAP
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I just picked these up and the number 9 card is missing. Was this the way the set was made or did I again get ripped off. The package was sealed in plastic but I think these were originally in a blister type pack right?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought my set in '01 from a dealer, and it did have a number 9. I think they were only sold as a complete set, first through the Spinal Tap Store at the time of the movie re-release.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got mine through Diamond Previews (with my pre-order monthly comics) and it was shrinkwrapped in plastic, as I recall.

I'm sure your set was just packed without the #9 by mistake. Sorry about that, it will be hard to find the single card by itself, I think. I can scan my #9 and post it here if you want to print it out as a place holder, just let me know...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would appreciate a scan of it. I got it off of e-bay and mentioned it to the seller but have yet to hear back. He did say it was a full set not sure why this card was missing.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I got mine through Diamond Previews (with my pre-order monthly comics) and it was shrinkwrapped in plastic, as I recall.

I'm sure your set was just packed without the #9 by mistake. Sorry about that, it will be hard to find the single card by itself, I think. I can scan my #9 and post it here if you want to print it out as a place holder, just let me know...

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll post it here in the next day or two, Frank.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Only 9 cards? You'd think with a Spinal Tap set, they would go up to 11.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
Only 9 cards? You'd think with a Spinal Tap set, they would go up to 11.

Now that is funny!

It really would have made sense to make 11 cards in the set. You could have a volume dial pointing to the card number.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my best Nigel Tufnel accent:

"Look at these card pages. They're too small to hold the cards. You could fold the cards in two to get them to fit into the pages, but then the cards would have a fold in them. That's not right, is it? I just want to have pages that fit the cards.

Still, it's not going to affect my performance, don't worry about that. I just hate it... it really, it does disturb me, but I'll rise above it. I'm a professional."

But seriously, it's actually a 30 card set, if I'm not mistaken, so there is a #11 card in it. I'll double check that when I scan the #9 tonight.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
http://nslists.com/spinal.htm

36 card set if this is the 2000 set you are talking about

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure before I told the seller. Sometimes cards have numbering errors on them but it looks like this is not the case.

quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
http://nslists.com/spinal.htm

36 card set if this is the 2000 set you are talking about

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the #9 card, the front is horizontal:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the scan. The seller refunded my money but I am not sure why this happened.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Here's the #9 card, the front is horizontal: