Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Mickey Mantle. . . Why so valuable?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Mantle. . . Why so valuable?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I like it HH. Thumb Up

Mantle was also a good old country boy with natural athletic ability and a love of beer and late nights. His family had a history of bad health and early death, so he burned bright in his prime. A quote that is often attributed to Mantle is "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself".

Fans liked him, so many things were overlooked, then and now. He is one of the "boys of summer" from a bygone age. In that regard Mantle has obtained a reputation that goes beyond even what he actually did as a player. Whether its deserved or not, he has legend status, and that's what matters to sports card collectors.

Posts: 6910 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post