Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Has this ever happened to anybody
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has this ever happened to anybody
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted
I bought a card off of ebay. The tracking number says it was delivered, but alas, no package in my mailbox. Seller is unwilling to aid, told me it was up to me to track it down. I think I'm out of luck since the tracking number says it was delivered, but clearly the USPS delivered it to the wrong address. I've opened a case with them, but I'm not expecting rainbows. I've checked with the neighbors. Either they're dishonest, or the post office REALLY got it wrong. Anyone?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few months ago, I won a $ 30 item and the USPS tracking number said it was delivered to my home. In fact, the mailman screwed up and delivered it to the correct house number, but one block over. And this was a package that had to be signed for. Luckily the mailman tracked it down, several days later. The package clearly had MY address on it

The Ebay seller said that it was delivered to my address, and that it was out of his hands

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That blows.
I have had problems with the ebay shipping system both as a buyer and seller. They will issue a tracking code and it has already been used. Makes everyone really uneasy until the item arrives.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
A few months ago, I won a $ 30 item and the USPS tracking number said it was delivered to my home. In fact, the mailman screwed up and delivered it to the correct house number, but one block over. And this was a package that had to be signed for. Luckily the mailman tracked it down, several days later. The package clearly had MY address on it

The Ebay seller said that it was delivered to my address, and that it was out of his hands

I hope I have your luck. We'll see.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The problem is, the tracking number is meaningless.

The seller says, according to the number, it was delivered to your home. The Post Office says the same thing. They look up the tracking number, and claim that I signed for it

It's all in the hands of the guy actually delivering the package. If he delivers it to 44th St as opposed to 45th St, neither the ebay seller or the USPS really care, or can do anything about it

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my case there was no signature....I think I'm out of luck. Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my case, although a signature was required, no body actually signed for it. It was left in someone else's mailbox, a block away

Not to sound cynical, but I have had alot of packages in which I was told you had to sign for it, and they were routinely just left in my mailbox

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Had something like that happen to me a year, or so ago.

Also got another package the same day from a different seller, so it wasn't stolen from my mail-box, and I was at home watching for the mail that day.

Odd thing is, the one I never got, was delivered somewhere before the carrier had even left the P.O. that day. Tried explaining that to the auction site, the seller, and the P.O. But none of them could understand. All anyone would say was "It was delivered".

Contacted the main P.O. for the area, and was told basically that my mail was no more important than anyone else's. That they try not to make mistakes, but sometimes people do make them.

I think the seller wrote down the wrong street address.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
In my case there was no signature....I think I'm out of luck. Shake Head

If anything, Jane, you are in luck. If there was no signature, USPS has got no proof that it had been delivered. If they have a signature, then a comparison with your own should clear up the fact you didn't get the package. Either way, you're in line for compensation.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Agree with Graham on this one, if you haven't signed for it you haven't had the package, so they will to sort something out.

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the reason why I opt to pick up my package at the post office. I'm just lucky that the post office is just a 20-minute walk from my home.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know how they are supposed to deliver in the UK, but here in the US I have found packages with tracking numbers sitting on my doorstep and anyone can come along and pick them up.

If it doesn't require a signature they just deliver them and leave it wherever it fits. I've been lucky and no one has walked away with anything yet, but I'm sure that if they did I would not get my money back because it was delivered. They just clink the handheld machine and the PO is done with it.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago a package was delivered to my p.o. box , put in a locker on Christmas Eve and a key was left in my p.o. box. I didn't check until the next business day. When I came in to check,the entire wall of lockers had been pried open and looted. The staffers sorting the box mail knew what had happened and disappeared when they saw me. When I finally tracked down the manager she told me I was out of luck because the shipper did not insure the package. She also said her branch had no security cameras for that area. I told the shipper what happened and because I was a regular customer he gave me a full refund, minus the shipping. I thought the post office should have been responsible since it was stolen while in their possession.

Posts: 27 | Location: san antonio, tx | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
The tracking indicates "Delivered". You must understand it is a difficult situation for any seller. It is just perception and trust.

Now if the local USPS doesn't want to help you. Maybe you can try making a complaint to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

https://postalinspectors.uspis...ReportMailTheft.aspx

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is the sellers problem but the postal service. If the postal service says "delivered" against a tracking number but the recipient never receives it the problem lies between postal service and person who says they never got it. My Post Office make me sign for tracked items!

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this happen from the other end. Purchaser saif they didn't get item, I sent ebay tracking # showing receipt, case close. Now I wonder if they were right?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I do a lot of buying and selling on ebay. This problem has occurred very infrequently. I did not receive cards once and the buyer refunded my payment with shipping. I have since bought more items from him. Once I sold a box of cards to a customer in Miami and I live in Chicago. It took a month to get there after some rerouting by the USPS. On eBay it is very important to look at the sellers feed back.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We had a UPS (not USPS) guy who was on our route for many years. Last year, he left a package on some older lady's doorstep, that she was supposed to sign for. He didn't get her signature, just left it there, as it was his customary practice.

The box supposedly contained $ 40,000 worth of merchandise. The lady said she never received it.

The UPS guy was fired from his job, after 20 years, for doing that. True story.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I do a lot of buying and selling on ebay. This problem has occurred very infrequently. I did not receive cards once and the buyer refunded my payment with shipping. I have since bought more items from him. Once I sold a box of cards to a customer in Miami and I live in Chicago. It took a month to get there after some rerouting by the USPS. On eBay it is very important to look at the sellers feed back.

Seller is reputable and well known on this board. He just wasn't much help this time. I'm sure he shipped it. I have a case open with the USPS but I'm not expecting much from them.

posted Hide Post
I have been buying anime figures for the past 3 months and I've found a very reliable and trustworthy seller. I've already purchased from him more than 250 figures. When a figure or figures is/are broken, he refunds them without question. Just last week, an order I made a month ago has still not arrived. He issued me the refund promptly without question. But of course, requested that I pay back when I receive it. I gladly accepted since it was the proper thing to do.

It's as kane1 said, it goes down to trust. Sometimes it's not the seller's fault because the package passes through many hands. But sellers such as the one I mentioned are golden and should be bookmarked.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post