Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Has this ever happened to anybody
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has this ever happened to anybody
 Login/Join

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He just wasn't much help this time.

jane, I'm not playing devil advocate. I understand your issue. But just sit down and think. What the seller can do with a delivered item? Call the USPS or refund if he/she wants to.

How much cost the item? Was ship by Priority Mail?

As buyer, I had that issues in the past with lost package. People returned the items to the USPS carrier. Maybe because it was just trading cards and not a Playstation. But I learned one important thing. It is to know (face to face) the carriers in the area and show them I'm not ignorant about USPS system. Everything with a touch of respect and humility. Long time I don't see an issue with a package just broken letters damage during traffic.

As seller. It happened to me. Some buyers believe I have a "red" phone or direct line to the USPS General office. But they can't understand that I only can call or complain to the USPS like them can do in their side. Or just refund.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
We had a UPS (not USPS) guy who was on our route for many years. Last year, he left a package on some older lady's doorstep, that she was supposed to sign for. He didn't get her signature, just left it there, as it was his customary practice.

The box supposedly contained $ 40,000 worth of merchandise. The lady said she never received it.

The UPS guy was fired from his job, after 20 years, for doing that. True story.

That's scary.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I have had packages show that they were delivered and not actually get to my house for a day or two. In my case the delivery person scanned the package delivered and forgot to put it in my mail box so they did it the following day.

This doesn't look like the case with you since it has already been a few days. I hope it all works out.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this happen to me for a $350 sports card. The problem is that half the time a post office delivery centre will scan the package when it is received in to the depot which will then show as received on ebay.

Despite this item was to be signed for and no signature could be produced, ebay ruled in favour of the seller as it had been scanned as received and I got no refund.

Posts: 13 | Location: uk | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Well, it's happened a second time. This time I tried having my item shipped to my job. The item was never delivered, but the tracking number said ,"Available for pickup". Despite that, I never got the card that the post office hands out when that happens. I went to the post office and they didn't have the package. So now I have two missing cards and two hopeless, open cases with the post office. Way to go USPS.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK, this happened to me in 2011. I got cards off eBay, seller wanted money, but package never came. The PO said that they tried to deliver twice, but no notices were left and people were home both days anyhow.

PO tracking was marked that it was returned to sender, but seller still says he didn't get it.

After my third in person try at the PO the supervisor found the package in the PO back room. It had never been sent back to NJ as the tracking indicated. For all I know they never tried to deliver it to me in the first place. Wink

So go back to the PO, get someone else to look and maybe it will turn up like magic. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of government quality control. They generally do worse than anyone else does because there is no accountability (and they keep their jobs no matter what.) But you have to give the post office it's due. They GENERALLY are very reliable. So much so, I've only lost ONE package in the 20 years I've been sending stuff in the mail... until today (well, it was a letter actually.)

I received my phone bill for two commercial lines, and it was twice the usual rate, plus an $8.50 late fee. It said I forgot to pay last month, but I didn't forget. I mailed the check on time. When I looked at my checking account, I saw the check wasn't cashed. So apparently, it never got there. The address was pre-printed, so I know I didn't get that wrong. And the phone company is here in the same town. So the unblemished record certainly gets a ding in it this time around.

Still, that's an incredible track record for .46 cents per letter, and just a few bucks for packages. They used to lose/steal stuff all the time, but that was back in the 1970s & 80s. Then they got serious about installing cameras and stuff and it started to weed out the thieves. Now stealing by the post office is a rare event indeed (though 3rd party stealing out of the mail box or at the door is more common).

Sadly, the days of home delivery are probably limited. I heard they ran up another $5 billion shortfall this year (that's something the government ALWAYS does well, heh-heh). They will probably start making us rent PO boxes if we want real mail or packages, and email us anything arrives. Whatever the solution, it won't be as nice or cheap as it is now. So we might as well appreciate it while it still lasts!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I Pay for an item I won on EBAY, I always use Paypal. I see that you opened a case. Did you pay for the item with Paypal? Paypal will be able to help you with this case.

Posts: 3 | Location: 1 | Registered: October 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zulu:
When I Pay for an item I won on EBAY, I always use Paypal. I see that you opened a case. Did you pay for the item with Paypal? Paypal will be able to help you with this case.

Generally a seller able to prove delivery will win a case. Not a buyer who states they haven't got it when tracking says delivered.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And now that Amazon says they are working on delivery drones, the USPS can do the same. (After all, they're already partnering with Amazon for APrime Sunday deliveries.)

I'm picturing an octocopter hovering on my front porch asking me for signature confirmation, and then asking for a recharge so that it can return home. All the while the drone is updating Google Street View into Google Door View, for another partnership ...

Happy Cyber Monday!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
And now that Amazon says they are working on delivery drones, the USPS can do the same. (After all, they're already partnering with Amazon for APrime Sunday deliveries.)

I'm picturing an octocopter hovering on my front porch asking me for signature confirmation, and then asking for a recharge so that it can return home. All the while the drone is updating Google Street View into Google Door View, for another partnership ...

Happy Cyber Monday!

This is one that I really can't figure out. I think they are just in the testing stage and are looking at 3 years from now, but come on. Can you imagine drones flying around a major city like NY, as an example. Half the residents would be calling the police and the other half would be shooting it down. Big Grin

Its funny, but its not really funny. With all the security issues going on I can't see what genius even proposes mail drones. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, what I picture is a mini drone delivering my new George Jetson action figure.

They might call the police at first, but if George and Jane and Elroy and Judy got used to it, so can we.

What I really see is somebody near the Amazon depot with a big net.

As for safety and security, I'm sure the government would develop and approve the computer controls. I can't recall them having any problems with large software projects.

Interesting that the ad that appeared just above this post is for a courier/delivery service. Maybe Infopop chooses its adverts from context. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post