Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Where do you get promo cards for new and old sets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you get promo cards for new and old sets?
 Login/Join

posted
I know that you usually get a promo card with a NSU magazine and sometimes with the binder. But for those promo cards at SDCC or other events, how do you get those if you can't attend them? And for the older ones I'm guessing ebay is the only way, but since the shipping charge probably costs more than the promo card I can't see myself buying a ton from there. Are there any other ways of getting promo cards?

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Depends what you are collecting. Typically of all cards 10% are rare and expensive and 90% are common and cheap as chips.
If you are just starting out on this very worthwhile part of the hobby then your best bet is to buy bulk. There is usually many good deals going on Ebay offering 50-100 cards for 5-10 bucks.
Also, if you ask really really nicely I am sure there are many collectors on this forum who would be willing to help a new promo collector get started if you would be willing to pay for the postage. You could start with me. Drop me a line at btlfannz@ihug.co.nz and tell me what you are looking for.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Btlfannz. Don't know why but it doesn't seem that email is working. I keep getting a deliver failure notice.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
That's because I gave you the wrong email address. I didn't really want you contacting me and asking for free promos!!!

Nah! Just winding you up. Sorry, I mixed up my two email addresses. Write me on this one btlfannz@fastmail.fm

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I get 99% of mine off of ebay overseas unfortunately, mostly from the US and UK. Only place to find some of those really rare ones, and they usually don't come cheap. Just be grateful you're in the US so shipping is alot cheaper for you Wink Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hi Alex,
You're in luck!If you send your address and full name to my email address I will send you a lot of very nice promos for free. If you get a chance, read my post on Cardtalk on how to find older promos even today.
albert

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Hi Alex,
You're in luck!If you send your address and full name to my email address I will send you a lot of very nice promos for free. If you get a chance, read my post on Cardtalk on how to find older promos even today.
albert

Thanks, I can't seem to find your email address in your profile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AlexC,