Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Media Mail
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I had a comic and some cards mailed to me by USPS media mail on Oct 3. Nothing has come

What is your experience ? How long does it take ? It was shipped from here in the U.S. to me

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had some trade comic paperbacks mailed by media mail awhile back. It took 2 1/2 weeks for the package to arrive within the states.

Posts: 106 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've had the same experience. A package took two weeks from Utah to California. I wouldn't worry until after 3 weeks.

quote:
Originally posted by JeffThom:
I had some trade comic paperbacks mailed by media mail awhile back. It took 2 1/2 weeks for the package to arrive within the states.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
It's cheap for a reason Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It's also possible that they got inspected and turned back to sender as cards and comics do not fall under acceptable items for Media Mail.

I watched a mail clerk open a package they suspected did not comply just the other day. Said the sender would have to prove they were shipping the proper things. In this case it was books, but anything with advertising is not allowed. Which is why comic "books" do not make the cut.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More than 2 weeks have passed, and nothing

Post office tells me that there should have been a tracking number with the Media Mail

The seller is very reputable, but he tells me that he accidentally threw the receipt and tracking number away, so he can't give it to me

It is a $ 20 set of cards, and he's willing to send me a replacement

Just not sure how much longer I should wait before I tell him to send it

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If he is willing to replace, you shouldn't have a problem and can wait a bit longer. I'm surprised that there is a tracking number at all because it is a discount rate, but maybe for the business. I know that I deal with a bookseller that uses Media Mail and it does take several weeks, but since I am only paying $3 per order no matter how many books, I'm fine with the delay.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was surprised when the post office told me that all Media Mail has a tracking number. I thought that MM was the cheapest way of sending stuff possible, and that there was no tracking

Should the fact that the seller told me this week that he "lost" the tracking number cause me to be suspicious ? Or am I overreacting ?

Yes, he did say a week ago that he'd replace the cards. Hopefully he will stick to that promise, as yesterday he seemed to become a bit defensive, insisting that ALL of the packages he mailed on Oct 3 were delivered within a few days, except for mine. I sort of think that he does not believe me when I told him that I didn't get his comic/cards.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This is just one opinion. If you can rely on the seller you should wait. If you think he will renege on the replacement, you should ask for it and see what happens, understanding that he/she may not want to do business with you again. An issue this person may have is that cards/comics are not items that go by Media Mail. As for Tracking Numbers, I myself have been on the wrong end of that. With or without the tracking number, the PO can lose mail and still can't find it. So you should do whatever you feel is appropriate based upon your relationship with the seller. Good luck.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Package came on Oct 22

Mailed Oct 3

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you got it. Longer wait is standard for Media Mail, but now you know what to expect for the next time. Smile