Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Banjo Pickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I missed this set when it was first released, and apparently it is sold out.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting -- cool art. . .

Never heard of this set/company.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The manufacturer is currently crowdfunding a second series.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If the manufacturer wants to take the second set to the next level with more players and therefore more cards, there should be some autographs.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe the manufacturer is targeting card collectors, and not autograph collectors.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems the manufacturer is targeting great banjo player fans. If card collectors had been the target, why didn't anybody here know about Series 1 before it sold out? That manufacturer found an untapped market. If card collectors get interested, Series 2 could be a big thing. I keep hearing how card collectors are looking for something fresh. Well, here it is. If you're not into banjo playing/bluegrass, maybe the artwork is enough.

I don't know a lot about banjo players or bluegrass. My only connections are some Steve Martin comedy albums in which he did some banjo playing between jokes and Dan Fogelberg's salute to bluegrass, "High Country Snows" from 1985. I know it's too late to get Earl Scruggs or Roy Clark's autograph but Ricky Skaggs is still with us. Who knows, Steve Martin might get a kick out of this project.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Maybe the manufacturer is targeting card collectors, and not autograph collectors.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I used to love these types of small press sets, but dang. To pay $200 for a box where you hopefully get 2 60 card sets and some foil cards I have to be really passionate about the topic. There are few topics that would entice me at that price point.

The art is awesome, and I wish them luck. I hope they find their market.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice the price. Ouch. I see that a set of Series 1 was sold for $86. I guess a lot of people think trading cards are supposed to be expensive. A small press set used to be $15-20. Costs have gone up for everything but Monsterwax has found a way to offer a sealed box of packs for under $75 even in these Soaring 20's.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Do they have that kid from Deliverence?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post