Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    The Shawshank Redemption
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Shawshank Redemption
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All

Does anyone know of any other actors that were in this movie who have signed autograph cards other than William Sadler.he signed for The outer limits,roswell and Ds9 and i have them all.i would like the other actors if poss??

Thanks

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I tried to find out who else has signed for The Shawshank Redemption a few years ago. Sadly other than Sadler(Thanks for signing!) there is no one else I could find!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I saw the title of this thread and thought it was another Artbox auto-in-waiting Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I saw the title of this thread and thought it was another Artbox auto-in-waiting Big Grin

I wish.one of the most beloved movies ever.maybe it would work as a ltd release?? Thumb Up

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Michael Jeter, who played Edouard Delacroix (owner of Mr. Jingles) has sadly passed away in real life, so there can be no card from him, unless there is a cut signature.

Michael Clarke Duncan who was John Coffey in Shawshank played the kingpin in Daredevil and that card set boasted autos from Affleck, Jennifer Garner and Joey Pants, but no Duncan unfortunately.

As for getting the Warden to sign, good luck with that, he's very obtuse!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
You thinking of The Green Mile there, chesspieceface?

(Although the Warden was obtuse in Shawshank) Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
On a related note, Stephen King, who wrote the novella Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, on which the movie was based, HAS signed a baseball trading card which was inserted in the signed and lettered editions of BLOCKADE BILLY. If requested I will post pictures.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WoofyTrades
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
You thinking of The Green Mile there, chesspieceface?

Both are great movies so this is completely acceptable.

Posts: 22 | Location: Non-Sport Forum | Registered: November 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oops, "Green Mile" indeed...and I don't even drink! Thanks for your courteous method of pointing out my "brain drain", Thush. That could've been a lot worse for me!

The two stories, particulary the written versions, are very similar in style, almost as if they could be parts of a larger story, so I'll go with that. Big Grin

Since I clearly had Stephen King on the brain, I'll mention I always wanted a set for "Creepshow". Now from that, a lot of actors have signed cards from other series, such as Adrian Barbeau and Hal Holbrook.
It's too late for E.G. Marshall and Leslie Nielsen sadly, but cards from Ted Danson, Ed Harris, and Stephen King as Jordy Verrill would be great! George Romero directed it and Tom Savini did some special effects so cards signed by them would be most welcome.

And to cardaddict, I would love to see the Blockade Billy card. I almost bought a limited edition just to get one of the cards. I didn't know there was a signed version.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
George Romero directed it and Tom Savini did some special effects so cards signed by them would be most welcome.

You can find an autograph card of Tom Savini in the 2007 Donruss Americana Private Signings. George Romero signed for the 2009 Panini America version of Americana and he has both a regular autograph card and one that includes a clothing swatch. Americana has sticker autographs of course, but it is what it is.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here is the Stephen King autographed baseball card:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Did I say something wrong, or did my post not take?

I was just saying that I also started thinking Green Mile. I've met Doug Hutchinson and think have an X-Files card signed by him. I know I have at least one autograph from him.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Here is the Stephen King autographed baseball card:

Wow, I never knew that existed. What an awesome card!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic card!

There is another card made in the same style depicting the title character Blockade Billy. It came shrinkwrapped in the limited edition 1st Print hardcover issued by Cemetary Dance Publications.
The signed Stephen King card comes from the super deluxe edition of that, extremely limited and an instant sellout, no doubt.
I think one of the Blockade Billy cards is also included in the superdeluxe version with the King, is that right, cardaddict?

Congrats on the card(s). They are officially in my "envy pile". Perhaps you've seen it. I keep it in collections all over the world!

And thanks to Raven for the tip on the Savini and Romero cards. I'm on the hunt! I actually had a Tom Savini autograph card already, it was from Grande Illusions, a set based on his special effects work (but I still want a Creepshow one).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Blockade Billy card is in the 1st trade edition, the signed numbered edition and the lettered edition, which means I have three of them. The Stephen King card is in the signed edition and the lettered edition (both signed by King). I don't know if there are any unsigned King cards, but there probably are. All those editions are sold out. I called the publisher, Cemetery Dance, to ask who the guy is in the Blockade Billy card, and was told it's still a secret.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Jude Ciccolella played one of the guards and signed a card for Artbox's 24 cards

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Ciccolella never signed for Artbox's 24, but he did sign for Rittenhouse's "Star Trek: Nemesis" and "Quotable Star Trek Movies".

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Ciccolella never signed for Artbox's 24, but he did sign for Rittenhouse's "Star Trek: Nemesis" and "Quotable Star Trek Movies".

Ah, apologies! Its the Nemesis card I own with his signature on, don't know why 24 came into my head.

I happened to watch this film another day and... Paul McCrane popped into my head too, he also played a guard and also appeared in 24 which is where I may have been confused!

Still its two names added to the list.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Ahh that makes sense. I had no idea Paul McCrane was in Shawshank Redemption! He signed for 24 Season 5.
Both Ciccolella's and McCrane's autos sell for $10 or less, so they are both great names to add to the list.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is possible that a future Bob Gunton(the Warden)he was in STTNG.and also a chance of a Jeff Demunn(D.A.) Who is in the Walking dead.fingers crossed.hope is not lost!

I would love someone to have a go at this set one day!!