Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The Shawshank Redemption

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/3157010316

November 17, 2011, 10:18 AM
markdennett
The Shawshank Redemption
Hi All

Does anyone know of any other actors that were in this movie who have signed autograph cards other than William Sadler.he signed for The outer limits,roswell and Ds9 and i have them all.i would like the other actors if poss??

Thanks
November 17, 2011, 02:54 PM
barobehere
I tried to find out who else has signed for The Shawshank Redemption a few years ago. Sadly other than Sadler(Thanks for signing!) there is no one else I could find!
November 17, 2011, 02:59 PM
Graham
I saw the title of this thread and thought it was another Artbox auto-in-waiting Big Grin
November 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
markdennett
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I saw the title of this thread and thought it was another Artbox auto-in-waiting Big Grin

I wish.one of the most beloved movies ever.maybe it would work as a ltd release?? Thumb Up
November 17, 2011, 05:13 PM
chesspieceface
Michael Jeter, who played Edouard Delacroix (owner of Mr. Jingles) has sadly passed away in real life, so there can be no card from him, unless there is a cut signature.

Michael Clarke Duncan who was John Coffey in Shawshank played the kingpin in Daredevil and that card set boasted autos from Affleck, Jennifer Garner and Joey Pants, but no Duncan unfortunately.

As for getting the Warden to sign, good luck with that, he's very obtuse!

November 17, 2011, 06:54 PM
Thush
You thinking of The Green Mile there, chesspieceface?

(Although the Warden was obtuse in Shawshank) Smile
November 17, 2011, 08:00 PM
cardaddict
On a related note, Stephen King, who wrote the novella Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, on which the movie was based, HAS signed a baseball trading card which was inserted in the signed and lettered editions of BLOCKADE BILLY. If requested I will post pictures.
November 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
WoofyTrades
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
You thinking of The Green Mile there, chesspieceface?

Both are great movies so this is completely acceptable.
November 19, 2011, 07:09 PM
chesspieceface
Oops, "Green Mile" indeed...and I don't even drink! Thanks for your courteous method of pointing out my "brain drain", Thush. That could've been a lot worse for me!

The two stories, particulary the written versions, are very similar in style, almost as if they could be parts of a larger story, so I'll go with that. Big Grin

Since I clearly had Stephen King on the brain, I'll mention I always wanted a set for "Creepshow". Now from that, a lot of actors have signed cards from other series, such as Adrian Barbeau and Hal Holbrook.
It's too late for E.G. Marshall and Leslie Nielsen sadly, but cards from Ted Danson, Ed Harris, and Stephen King as Jordy Verrill would be great! George Romero directed it and Tom Savini did some special effects so cards signed by them would be most welcome.

And to cardaddict, I would love to see the Blockade Billy card. I almost bought a limited edition just to get one of the cards. I didn't know there was a signed version.

November 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
George Romero directed it and Tom Savini did some special effects so cards signed by them would be most welcome.

You can find an autograph card of Tom Savini in the 2007 Donruss Americana Private Signings. George Romero signed for the 2009 Panini America version of Americana and he has both a regular autograph card and one that includes a clothing swatch. Americana has sticker autographs of course, but it is what it is.
November 22, 2011, 04:50 PM
cardaddict
Here is the Stephen King autographed baseball card:

November 23, 2011, 01:09 AM
Tattoox
Did I say something wrong, or did my post not take?

I was just saying that I also started thinking Green Mile. I've met Doug Hutchinson and think have an X-Files card signed by him. I know I have at least one autograph from him.

November 23, 2011, 09:16 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Here is the Stephen King autographed baseball card:

Wow, I never knew that existed. What an awesome card!
December 03, 2011, 07:16 PM
chesspieceface
Fantastic card!

There is another card made in the same style depicting the title character Blockade Billy. It came shrinkwrapped in the limited edition 1st Print hardcover issued by Cemetary Dance Publications.
The signed Stephen King card comes from the super deluxe edition of that, extremely limited and an instant sellout, no doubt.
I think one of the Blockade Billy cards is also included in the superdeluxe version with the King, is that right, cardaddict?

Congrats on the card(s). They are officially in my "envy pile". Perhaps you've seen it. I keep it in collections all over the world!

And thanks to Raven for the tip on the Savini and Romero cards. I'm on the hunt! I actually had a Tom Savini autograph card already, it was from Grande Illusions, a set based on his special effects work (but I still want a Creepshow one).

December 04, 2011, 07:35 AM
cardaddict
Yes, the Blockade Billy card is in the 1st trade edition, the signed numbered edition and the lettered edition, which means I have three of them. The Stephen King card is in the signed edition and the lettered edition (both signed by King). I don't know if there are any unsigned King cards, but there probably are. All those editions are sold out. I called the publisher, Cemetery Dance, to ask who the guy is in the Blockade Billy card, and was told it's still a secret.
December 06, 2011, 09:27 AM
Card Dude
Jude Ciccolella played one of the guards and signed a card for Artbox's 24 cards

December 07, 2011, 01:57 PM
SBelcher
Ciccolella never signed for Artbox's 24, but he did sign for Rittenhouse's "Star Trek: Nemesis" and "Quotable Star Trek Movies".
December 08, 2011, 06:44 PM
Card Dude
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Ciccolella never signed for Artbox's 24, but he did sign for Rittenhouse's "Star Trek: Nemesis" and "Quotable Star Trek Movies".

Ah, apologies! Its the Nemesis card I own with his signature on, don't know why 24 came into my head.

I happened to watch this film another day and... Paul McCrane popped into my head too, he also played a guard and also appeared in 24 which is where I may have been confused!

Still its two names added to the list.

December 08, 2011, 08:21 PM
SBelcher
Ahh that makes sense. I had no idea Paul McCrane was in Shawshank Redemption! He signed for 24 Season 5.
Both Ciccolella's and McCrane's autos sell for $10 or less, so they are both great names to add to the list.
February 10, 2012, 09:38 AM
markdennett
it is possible that a future Bob Gunton(the Warden)he was in STTNG.and also a chance of a Jeff Demunn(D.A.) Who is in the Walking dead.fingers crossed.hope is not lost!

I would love someone to have a go at this set one day!!