Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cherry picking case's? or just bad luck??
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cherry picking case's? or just bad luck??
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
People will find a way to cherry pick if they are that way.
As Ed keeps saying, find a dealer who is trustworthy. I pulled my Harrison Ford out of only 3 boxes of Indiana Jones Heritage, so I guess Topps direct is an honest source. Wink

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is why most people just buy the cards they want and dont bother with cases and boxes. Card prices have dropped so much that the odds are the cards you really want dont cast as much as a box.

I know opening a box is like gambling and most people do it for that thrill of "winning" for those people I advise buying cases not boxes even thought most cases cast as much or more as some master sets

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone for the advice.i am finished with buying boxes and im also finished with the con artist who ripped me off time and time again.i just wish i had a time machine and that i could name and shame him.im sure i aint the only muppet he has swindled!! Shake Headif anyone would like to know the dealer please send me an email aand ill warn you off him!!.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markdennett,

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
All I know if that ever happened to me, and I could confirm that someone opened up a factory case that I just paid several hundred dollars for...well let's just say I would most definitely confront them about it and if they didn't apologize and compensate me for their thievery....then things would really get ugly. That's totally BS. To the Nth degree.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
All I know if that ever happened to me, and I could confirm that someone opened up a factory case that I just paid several hundred dollars for...well let's just say I would most definitely confront them about it and if they didn't apologize and compensate me for their thievery....then things would really get ugly. That's totally BS. To the Nth degree.

its proving it mate,i must of spent £1200 on boxes from him over time.£150 to £200 every manchester fair,thats all i can save within the time between each fair.i got 4 little kids so it aint easy.disposable £ for my hobby dont come easy my friend.thats for sure!! so when i spend the money that ive worked hard for and sacrificed for,its nice to be treated fairly and with honesty.which hasnt happened with me with this dealer!!Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
if anyone would like to know the dealer please send me an email aand ill warn you off him!!.

email sent.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
People will find a way to cherry pick if they are that way.
As Ed keeps saying, find a dealer who is trustworthy. I pulled my Harrison Ford out of only 3 boxes of Indiana Jones Heritage, so I guess Topps direct is an honest source. Wink

Just to jump on the bandwagon, I totally agree with everyone who says to find a retailer who you like and trust and support them with customer loyalty. In my experience, by showing them loyalty as a customer, they show their loyalty by giving excellent customer service. I found my favorite retailer because they made a mistake and worked hard to fix it. I appreciated their honesty and their hard work to fix their mistake, and when I finally got my purchase, I was happy with my pulls, and have found that my pulls from that retailer has been pretty awesome ever since (and they were pretty good before that experience as well, IIRC). Now if I am looking for that special card, box, or case, I always check first with that retailer if they have it in their inventory or if they can procure it for me.

Sorry that you had a bad experience, but don't let one bad grape ruin the bunch. There are a lot of good retailers out there that are all about helping their customers. Ask around, find out who others trust and figure out who works best for you!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
a Big thank you to everyone who has emailed me.thanks for the support.big thanks to Raz..

judging by the feedback i have had so far,i am not the only person who hads been stung by this person!!people power Thumb Up!!thanks again

Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
No problem Mark...

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Mark did you get my emails as i seem to be having a problem with it.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
your emails are not thru,sorry.everyone else has been great.email markdennett1000@gmail.com

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ok i've tried again.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Mark did you get my emails as i seem to be having a problem with it.

Never received a reply to my email, it also must not have got through.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Report This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone.
Anthony from Card Collectors here. I can post here as I know it's not me you are talking about. Smile I can only dream of selling £150-£200 of boxes at the Manchester Comic Mart. My policy is simple. I either break a whole case or sell a whole case as boxes. I get repeat customers and have done for years. I also love it when customers get a great pull from the boxes as they tell more people and it's the best advert I can get.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello NSU members

I don't post on here too often (my number of posts is a bit of a give away!), but felt I should for this thread as I am sure Mark's comments have sparked curiosity amongst a number of members as to who the UK dealer in question is.

I would like to confirm that it is not me (Paul from Umbrella Trading Cards). I have never had a table at any of the Manchester Comic Marts. I ecko Anthony's comments regarding using a separate case for supplying customer boxes to the ones I open and look forward to customers getting good box breaks. Trust and word of mouth recommendation is definitely the best form of marketing in these tough times.

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Report This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I must say in my dealings with Anthony and Paul they have both shown themselves to be entirely trustworthy as have other dealers i have met over the years.

I don't really think the identity of the dealer in question should be discussed here, it is an issue for Mark to sort out in private. He seems to know what he thinks has happened and what he is going to do about it in the future.

Before someone posts something that they probably should not i think this thread should be closed.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I must say in my dealings with Anthony and Paul they have both shown themselves to be entirely trustworthy as have other dealers i have met over the years.

I don't really think the identity of the dealer in question should be discussed here, it is an issue for Mark to sort out in private. He seems to know what he thinks has happened and what he is going to do about it in the future.

Before someone posts something that they probably should not i think this thread should be closed.

I totally agree. This has the potential to now turn into a witch hunt. There's really not much more to be said here, except to name the dealer, and we highly frown on that. And if the dealer gets named, we would most likely remove it but should it stay on for a bit until a Mod or myself sees it, the damage has been done.

So unless you have a compelling reason to press on, Mark (or anyone for that matter), I'm going to close it. If you do, please give me a shout via email.

Thanks!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post