Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd auction
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-NSU-...100aca#ht_1735wt_905

Any idea what the above auction is all about?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very intresting, Harris is there something your not telling us? Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
check your e mail nice letter from roxanne

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine after reviewing an email I got from Roxanne. Also renewed my subscription 2 months ago for 2 years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EriktheArchitect,

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. . .

Posts: 5410 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I just got mine from MHoponhop.I also received the email from NSU. I'm glad to help where I can. Smile

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to help clarify my eBay listing (#310278884042): Today I got a mass email announcement from Roxanne (just like all of you probably did by now) explaining their struggles with the ongoing costs of running the "Card Talk" forum & I took it upon myself to try to help generate some money for them by listing these promo cards. I was not privy to any insider information nor am I trying to invoke that this site is doomed to be shut down.

They stated that they were accepting donations to help keep the site afloat. I made my $10 donation, but I also decided to put together this mixed lot of my mhoponhop promo cards & offered it for sale on eBay.

After the listing is over I'm going to send them all of the money generated from this listing. I tried to make it as value-driven as possible & I think the idea is taking off. I listed 25 lots & only have 7 left as of right now.

I didn't even tell Roxanne that I was doing this until after the listing was live. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Just trying to help & I appreciate all of the people who have (so far) committed to purchase the promos from me.

-Cliff

Posts: 11 | Location: PA | Registered: November 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Well, I just ordered my promos! Thumb Up

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm... the donation link didn't work in my e-mail, so I'll ask... is buying this auction the same as making the donation then? I'm quite fine with paying the $10, am mentally slow sometimes, and don't actually need the cards (have most of them anyways). (?)

--Chris (chrisfk5 on ebay, Collector of Things here)

P.S. I hope everything works out okay, I value the friends and trading partners I've made with this sites help.

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For every person who buys the cards from me, I will donate $10 to NSU. That's the only connection.

Posts: 11 | Location: PA | Registered: November 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanoElMano
posted Hide Post
I just bought a set too. I find Card Talk to be a valuable tool with so many knowledgable members. It's fantastic. I will admit that I had been looking for the Cartoon Sketch promo for a while so it made the decision even easier. Plus the signed card too! Wow!

If I hadn't seen the post on Card Talk I may not have found the listing. That just proves how useful Card Talk is to me.

Thanks to mhoponhop, NSU and all the passionate members of Card Talk. Happy hunting!

Dan.

Posts: 44 | Location: Canada, below the 49th. | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just saw this and checked my email, sure enough it was there. Great that mhoponhop would organize the listing. I've done business with them several times, always first class.

Because I'm not a promo guy I will leave the lot to others who value it more, but still send in my donation separately. I believe that we who use Card Talk so often and learn so much should be willing to contribute when asked. It just makes sense.

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Sorry I am late to the party. Yes, we sent out a "plea" today asking anyone who finds they benefit from using Card Talk to consider donating $10.00 (or more). We have offered Card Talk for well over 10 years now (closer to 13 or 14 actually) as a free service to collectors. As our e-mail states, we have considered changes for Card Talk in an effort for covering costs and/or cost savings. The changes run the gamut from making the site a pay-for site to using new software and hosting which would mean all content might be scrapped. We felt a voluntary contribution would be a nice idea in the middle.

There are more details on the donate page

I hope everyone will look at the page and consider the plea.

By the way...what went wrong when you clicked the link, Chris? Did anyone else have that trouble?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Came home from work tonight, had a Card Talk email. Immediately donated $20 to help out the 1st forum I go to every night when I get home from work (also the 1st time I've ever helped a forum in this matter as well)!

Andddddd now I have these cool promos coming my way soon! Yup, bought & paid for lol. I didn't have any of them! How could I pass that up? I say thee nay!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Harris, I think the problem is that the URL for the donation page is missing rhe http:// but, and some email clients have problems recognising this (the mail app on my iPod didn't see it as a link).
The other links in the email work, and if anyone is having a similar problem, try cutting and pasting rhe address into your browser -it will work then!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
according to "the site" I have bought the last one Smile

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Donation made.This site is such a valuable resource and has saved me a lot of time and money over the years.

I hope it will continue to do so for many years to come Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
check your e mail nice letter from roxanne

I never received an email from Non-Sport (Roxanne), was every member sent one?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
treksearcher, I forwarded the email I received to you so you could read it Smile

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
treksearcher, I forwarded the email I received to you so you could read it Smile

Message received, thanks Jake.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post