Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd auction
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I didn't receive the email either. That's probably because of the spam deterrent I've put in the email address.

Made a direct donation in addition to buying the promos from mhoponhop.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing this Cliff. Looks like all the sets are sold. I think that by dumb luck I bought the first set.
Recently another board I am on had a post about the costs and silently put a donation link with the goal for the year. It filled up in just a few days.
NSU is a great resource for this hobby and the only survivor from the 90's card explosion. There were a few other magazines but when profits fell they quickly disappeared. Its the Hobbyist publisher and stores that keep this hobby we all enjoy going.
Thanks to you for this generous offer to help and thanks to NSU for soldiering on through this crazy economy. And thanks to all those who donate to help out.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No I didn't get an e-mail either .I have just made a donation.

Well done to Cliff for has actions as well (shame I missed it) Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Hello - I have relisted another (slightly different) 25 lots of promo cards on eBay (#160518008041) to help the "Card Talk" forum.

The 1st 25 lots SOLD OUT in less than ONE DAY (you all really stepped up to the plate!). This will be the last ones I can do, so let's make this just as successful! The auto card in this new lot is different (signed by Katie McDee) & there's 1 less promo in this lot (the Kepi card I made is gone!), but I still think it's worth the value & remember: The entire $10 bid price is being sent to NSU. We've already raised $250 - let's make it $500!

Thanks everyone.
Cliff

Posts: 11 | Location: PA | Registered: November 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just purchased one of the second lot of promo's. Happy to help Cardtalk.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, it was missing the http: part. Worked with a copy and pasting into the address thingy.

Donation made.

Thanks for the how to advice, --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No email to me either but I have bought some cards and made a donation.

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Yes....an e-mail was sent to just about everyone here. I would guess it got caught in some people's spam traps. It was sent from the forum's mass mailing feature rather then a regular e-mail client so maybe that caused it to look more like spam then had it come from a regular mail client??

Thanks also for pointing out the lack of http:// in the note. I see that now. I even checked all the links before sending this and my mail client had no trouble with it, which is why I guess I missed it.

Thank you everyone who have donated very much. We got some very nice notes yesterday too.

Thanks also very much to Cliff at MHopOnHop. That's really great of you to do!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhoponhop:
Hello Hello - I have relisted another (slightly different) 25 lots of promo cards on eBay (#160518008041) to help the "Card Talk" forum.

The 1st 25 lots SOLD OUT in less than ONE DAY (you all really stepped up to the plate!). This will be the last ones I can do, so let's make this just as successful! The auto card in this new lot is different (signed by Katie McDee) & there's 1 less promo in this lot (the Kepi card I made is gone!), but I still think it's worth the value & remember: The entire $10 bid price is being sent to NSU. We've already raised $250 - let's make it $500!

Thanks everyone.
Cliff

Cliff - Top Class, Thanks for doing this - Just got one of the 2nd batch Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhoponhop:

Thanks everyone.
Cliff

I think Cliff might be getting some of my 2011 hobby money!

Thanks for doing this!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just purchased one of the second lots by Cliff to help out NSU.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Just got mine now I just have to renew my NSU

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Cliff, thanks for doin all that the auctions to help out! I think that was awesome to do!

What's even better? That all 50 auctions have already sold out! Metal

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Thanks all. Yes....an e-mail was sent to just about everyone here. I would guess it got caught in some people's spam traps. It was sent from the forum's mass mailing feature rather then a regular e-mail client so maybe that caused it to look more like spam then had it come from a regular mail client??

I deliberately have additional words in my email address that need to be taken out when emailing me from the site.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I get some extra money to get a subscription.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards arrived today. Thanks Cliff. Very Generous offer to help out. Thanks Again.
Erik

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived too! Thank you again Cliff!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I had bought one of the first 25 which arrived today as well.

What a great way to contribute to NSU (for Card Talk), and to get some great cards for your collection.

Thanks for doing this Cliff.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
The set I won on eBay (from the first batch) arrived today and look really nice! Thanks again Cliff - it was exceedingly generous of you to make this offer in support of Card Talk!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know....Cliff donated exactly what he promised a few days ago. $500 for the two sets of 25 auctions. This was VERY GENEROUS of Cliff and we very much appreciate what he has done — all completely of his own doing after reading the mass e-mail, by the way. Thank you Cliff. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post