Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Wizard of OZ - Duocards vs Breygent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard of OZ - Duocards vs Breygent
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted
Hi all,

Just wondering - missed out on the original Wizard of OZ cards by Duocards so I picked up the Breygent releases. I've had my eye on the Duocards for some time though and got to wondering if it's worth having both sets. I know that both sets were developed by basically the same people which is why I ask. Smile

Thanks for any insights on this trading dilemma! Smile

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
The cards are very different and there are different scenes in both sets. I have the Duocards set and both Breygent sets. I don't think you would go wrong buying both sets.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Thanks beamer for the info and quick reply!

I appreciate it, but my wallet doesn't. Wink

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The Duocards have a higher gloss base cards and just a few inserts, so it's more economical than the Breygent sets which have lots of insert cards (including premium hits like autographs, sketches, and prop cards) and more of a flat finish for the base cards.

There is a nice set from Pacific from back in the early 1990's and no inserts at all in that one, so it's easiest to complete in that way. Those are higher gloss cards.

All three sets are beautiful and worth having.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Thanks chesspieceface for your input. I have to check if I have the early 90's card set. I don't remember!

But good to have your opinion on that one, too.