Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monsterwax
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
Came upon a fair number of cards recently from a manufacturer called Monsterwax. They seem to be issued by an indie with limited circulation.
There are two sets I have found so far: Tune In For Terror (2xdiff wrappers) 1993 a set I suspect of 50 and another set called Don't Let It Happen Here! (2002) set 50 They are very reminicent to the old Killer Cards.

Also I have found 8 promos for Ser.1 and another 3 for series two.

Anyone got any more info regarding these sets??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I have no immediate information regarding the sets you mention. However, I did buy a box from their Spook Show set, which was an absolute delight to open and discover. I even found myself reading all of the card's backs.
If that set is any indication, Monsterwax is one of those companies that truly understands old school trading card fun.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Soon to be showing up on peoples' porches is the latest, Dinosaur Galaxy:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/1267033676

Check monsterwax.com to see the previous sets!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Monsterwax is a small company, but the owner, Kurt, is a giant in the card producing business. He does all the collating and wrapping by hand. There is a link to his website on NSU's main page. Check it out, he has several great art sets based on some of the great sci-fi tales like War of the Worlds, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and other stories by Jules Verne and H.G. Wells

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I've now been onto the website www.monsterwax.com and was amazed to see how prolific this company has been. Good stuff too, and even the insides of the wrapper Tune In For Terror set has a 12 part sci-fi /horror story running consecutively across at least eight different wrappers for this set. Very innovative!

The Dinosaur art is truly amazing and I am now full on to buy a set asap.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glad you got the chance to check out Monsterwax, btlfannz. I have several of their sets - Monsterfaces, Legendary Lovecraft and one of my all time favorite sets - Spook Show. All great stuff. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post