Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Ward?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
I just noticed a Bill Ward autograph bid up to $31 -- it still hasn't ended.

I also see 2 Ward autographs sold with $21 BINs in the last couple of days. . .

Any idea why the sudden interest?

The Ward bid up to $31 went unsold last week at $9.99.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ward auction just ended for $41.88.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone thinks it's the Black Sabbath drummer...

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that is weird. I have been thinking about getting the one for Series 2 over the past couple of years because that one is actually unreleased. Comic Images planned Series 2 then cancelled it but the autograph card was printed and Bill Ward signed them before that. I think those went out on the market only after the company went out of business. That one has been around $10-15 for the past few years and I think the Series 1 autograph goes for about that.

Ward passed away over 20 years ago so it's not like its a bunch of knee-jerk vultures.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I just noticed a Bill Ward autograph bid up to $31 -- it still hasn't ended.

I also see 2 Ward autographs sold with $21 BINs in the last couple of days. . .

Any idea why the sudden interest?

The Ward bid up to $31 went unsold last week at $9.99.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Age old story, artists don't start to become popular until after they have passed on.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Age old story, artists don't start to become popular until after they have passed on.

I was thinking that might be the case. . . but if it were I'd expect that there is some new place his art is being used/recognized to drive the interest. . . I can't find anything.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

I was thinking that might be the case. . . but if it were I'd expect that there is some new place his art is being used/recognized to drive the interest. . . I can't find anything.

Well, maybe some big time fans just discovered the world and limited nature of authenticated autograph cards. Several sold over the past few days....wonder if it is the same buyer?

Two just went up for $75.00.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Maybe someone thinks it's the Black Sabbath drummer...

Quite right.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Ward auto was listed at $21.50 and has sold. . .

The two at $75 are still available.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed that sales over the past couple of months have settled back toward the previous range, cards selling for no more than $20. I still don't know what spurred the perceived increase in value early this year (might have been a small art show or auction).

Jess

quote:

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I noticed that sales over the past couple of months have settled back toward the previous range, cards selling for no more than $20. I still don't know what spurred the perceived increase in value early this year (might have been a small art show or auction).

Jess

quote:

I never did figure out what caused the jump either. Too bad to see it has ended.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I got Bill's autograph at Con from him, in person. His hand was a little shaky back then. I'd like to see these autographs.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
may be there's a Torchy movie in the works.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post