Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Freaky Faces on Kickstarter August 15th!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freaky Faces on Kickstarter August 15th!
 Login/Join

posted
Freaky Faces Kickstarter goes live this Saturday August 15th. Please take a look! https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...=clipboard-prelaunch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: siplon,

Posts: 11 | Location: Carroll, IA | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11 | Location: Carroll, IA | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Is the kickstater the only way to get the promos?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:

I don't know about P2, but P1 will be available at the May 2021 Chicago Non-Sport Card Show where Randy Siplon will be our creative guest. The promo was intended for Spring 2020, but we all know how that played out...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like Ed said P1 was supposed to be a giveaway at the Spring Chicago Non-sport Card Show, but was postponed due to the pandemic. It will still be given away at the show next year and I will have sets available for purchase there. P2 was included in the June/July issue of Non-sport Update Magazine. Both cards are available throught the Kickstarter as well. Thanks!

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! You got my pledge.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the info! You got my pledge.

Thanks so much!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a philosophical problem with Kickstarter's putting a "Defund the Police" link at the top of every page. C'mon folks, how is that relevant to Randy's campaign?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
I have a philosophical problem with Kickstarter's putting a "Defund the Police" link at the top of every page. C'mon folks, how is that relevant to Randy's campaign?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of political agendas being pushed by corporations, but it's pretty hard to avoid in 2020 unfortunately.

posted Hide Post
Last week for Freaky Faces on Kickstarter! ----> http://kck.st/3iKeUHr

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't see that but making political statements as part of your advertising is risky because you usually want people from all over the spectrum to buy your product. He decided to target a particular group, which of course he is free to do. He might think he can reel in a few customers out of the crowd that might not ordinarily buy cards.

If I'm selling corn dogs, I shouldn't care if customers put ketchup or mustard on them but I do have a philosophical problem with putting ketchup on a corn dog.

I wish him good luck in any case.

quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to be 100% clear that I didn't make any political statement. Kickstarter the most popular and commonly used crowdfunding site supports Black Lives Matter, and so does Indiegogo the second biggest crowdfunder. It's an unavoidable aspect of the times we live in. I have no control over what they put on their site.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I misunderstood. I didn't mean to ally you with any political or social statement you weren't making. I see now it was Kickstarter's decision.

Edit: Let me know if you'd like me to delete that post. I don't want my confusion to impact your business negatively. It's tough enough making money these days.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by siplon:
I want to be 100% clear that I didn't make any political statement. Kickstarter the most popular and commonly used crowdfunding site supports Black Lives Matter, and so does Indiegogo the second biggest crowdfunder. It's an unavoidable aspect of the times we live in. I have no control over what they put on their site.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by siplon:

Not to take you away from the Freaky Faces promo, but as a general comment, if you refer to allender's post, Kickstarter's original page banner was different than its current one. I would guess that they changed it because that message had more of a blow back from some people.

The projects being sold on their site is the product that generates their income too. If you are receiving comments for their slogans, you have the right to tell them so. And readers should know that banners, ads and slogans on all websites are approved by the host and not necessarily the client.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kickstarter has replaced its link with a long, thoughtful, and constructive statement of principles. Thereby they removed the incendiary link to an external organization, which had indeed generated a lot of blowback from many sellers and buyers on their platform and received national news coverage.

Corporate Kickstarter was aware of what it was doing when it posted the link in early July and left it up for more than two months, even in the face of press coverage for doing it. It appears that they might be listening, and downplaying divisive speech that was driving customers away from their site. I thank them for that.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Did anyone here contribute and if so did they get their promos yet? I as charged 5 weeks ago but haven't seen anything as yet.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Todd,

My cards and promos came today, Dec 28.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to thank everyone on this forum that backed Freaky Faces! It was a lot of fun making the set and I can't wait to do another one. I also wanted to let people know that I have a comic book currently funding on Indiegogo. If you back the comic book it comes with a free limited trading card as well! Here's the link... https://igg.me/at/killreaver/x/22583956#/

Thanks!