Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    has anyone ever put together a complete collection of sealed boxes by one company?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

has anyone ever put together a complete collection of sealed boxes by one company?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't open boxes fast enough, I don't understand how someone can have a box and not open it. Thumb Up

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am collecting sealed boxes of inkworks . have about 40ish so far. I collected x-files and I have all the master sets before starting on the inkworks

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I made a sealed box list a few years ago. There are 244 on the list. Not all from the same company though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about 130+ sealed boxes so far including all the x-files boxes

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Not open a sealed box, is like never opening your present at Christmas time, as you really want to know what's in it!

I'd go mad, mad, mad I tell ya!

Confused Confused Confused

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Wow! This is a really neat idea - I think of it as a collection not stock. But that's me.

I have several sealed boxes that I haven't opened only due to ... laziness?? Sometimes I've purchased a box and then a base set off the bay. Not sure why though but I have. Wink

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
The closest analogy I have to this (since i"d never leave a box sealed!!) is lottery tickets. When Trek lottery tickets came out, the collecting crowd I ran with (we had jackets and everything) bought hundreds of tickets and never scratched a one....

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Wish I'd thought of this when I started collecting Charmed but I doubt I could have kept them sealed forever. That's the only set I'd feel necessary to have a sealed box for but the earlier series boxes are incredibly difficult to come by these days like many INKWORKS products. Great idea.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hosie:
I am collecting sealed boxes of inkworks . have about 40ish so far. I collected x-files and I have all the master sets before starting on the inkworks

This is very impressive. I'd thought of doing the same thing a few years back but honestly I didn't care for some of their earliest releases enough to put money down on only to then never open them Wink

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post