Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
has anyone ever put together a complete collection of sealed boxes by one company?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/3027013526

November 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
treksearcher
has anyone ever put together a complete collection of sealed boxes by one company?
I can't open boxes fast enough, I don't understand how someone can have a box and not open it. Thumb Up
November 24, 2017, 08:08 AM
hosie
I am collecting sealed boxes of inkworks . have about 40ish so far. I collected x-files and I have all the master sets before starting on the inkworks
November 24, 2017, 10:18 AM
cardaddict
I made a sealed box list a few years ago. There are 244 on the list. Not all from the same company though.
November 25, 2017, 04:21 AM
hosie
I have about 130+ sealed boxes so far including all the x-files boxes
November 28, 2017, 07:22 PM
<<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
Not open a sealed box, is like never opening your present at Christmas time, as you really want to know what's in it!

I'd go mad, mad, mad I tell ya!

Confused Confused Confused
December 30, 2017, 11:28 PM
anthonyd
Wow! This is a really neat idea - I think of it as a collection not stock. But that's me.

I have several sealed boxes that I haven't opened only due to ... laziness?? Sometimes I've purchased a box and then a base set off the bay. Not sure why though but I have. Wink
December 31, 2017, 07:59 AM
STCardGeek
The closest analogy I have to this (since i"d never leave a box sealed!!) is lottery tickets. When Trek lottery tickets came out, the collecting crowd I ran with (we had jackets and everything) bought hundreds of tickets and never scratched a one....

May 17, 2018, 08:14 PM
TC00
Wish I'd thought of this when I started collecting Charmed but I doubt I could have kept them sealed forever. That's the only set I'd feel necessary to have a sealed box for but the earlier series boxes are incredibly difficult to come by these days like many INKWORKS products. Great idea.
May 17, 2018, 08:16 PM
TC00
quote:
Originally posted by hosie:
I am collecting sealed boxes of inkworks . have about 40ish so far. I collected x-files and I have all the master sets before starting on the inkworks

This is very impressive. I'd thought of doing the same thing a few years back but honestly I didn't care for some of their earliest releases enough to put money down on only to then never open them Wink