Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Spider-Man Movie 2 Autograph Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man Movie 2 Autograph Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of dough boy
posted
I bought some off of feeBay but they were mislabeled as Spider-Man Movie 3. They say on the back Spider-Man 2, and have a 2007 copyright (even though the movie came out in 2004).

I looked at IMDB and one of the cards (Brent Briscoe "Garbage Man") is only credited in #2.

The weird thing is I cannot seem to find a list of the potential signers. Jeff's site doesn't list any autograph cards, and NSU doesn't even indicate in the guide that there are autograph cards.

So far I have:

Dylan Baker (Dr. Curt Connors)
Elyse Dinh (Violinist)
Brent Briscoe (Garbage Man)
Jayce Bartok (Subway Guitarist)
Aasif Mandvi (Mr. Aziz)

I have identified the following as well:

Bill Nunn (Joseph Robbie Robertson)
Stan Lee (Stan Lee)
Avi Arad (Avi Arad)
Mageina Tovah (Ursula)
Hal Sparks (Elevator Passenger)
Elizabeth Banks (Betty Brant)
Jack Betts (Henry Balkan)

Does anyone know who all of the signers were for this set?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Your cards were not mislabeled, all the autographs come from RA's Spiderman Movie 3. However the individual actors could have appeared in any of the three movies, so the backs of the cards state which movie the character was in.

The main autographs in this set are listed in NSU's price guide. They are Toby Maguire, James Franco, Willem Dafoe, Lucy Lawless and Stan Lee. Other common autographs that I know of are Larry Joshua, Joe Manganiello, and J. K. Simmons.

I think there is at least one other signed card from a producer, but his name escapes me. Oh, yes you have the Arad. And I seem to remember an incentive card signed by J. K. Simmons that also has a costume swatch. Its a nice set to make. Only the Maguire has an insane price for an awful looking "mark", I wouldn't even call it a signature. Roll Eyes

Oh, Bruce Campbell has a card in it too, almost forgot. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The SPIDERMAN 3 autograph cards,

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
^^^ THANKS! ^^^

This makes a lot of sense. So they are all with the SM 3 movie, but the card's themselves might identify them with another movie. I was just thrown for a loop because the cards I have all identify themselves with SM2.

I do have the Toby Maguire autograph (Expansion Set A) and I honestly have no idea what it is supposed to be. Obviously you can make out the T...but the rest is just awful.

Here is one question that I have though. The Expansion Set A Maguire autograph is listed as $180...the "pack pulled" autograph is listed as $400. I can see they are different cards (i.e. suit & tie vs spidey suit)...however why would there be such a price difference? I would have to assume that it is because the pack pulled one is less than 225? Maybe only 100?

Thanks!

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post