Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anyone know anything about Marvel Masterpieces?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know anything about Marvel Masterpieces?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I have 39 Marvel Masterpieces trading cards in perfect condition, series 1, 2, and 3 produced between 1992-1994, I have the more popular ones like Storm, Hulk, Iron Man, Beast, etc. and then less popular ones like Shadow Cat, Warlock, War Machine, Exodus, Rhino, Silver Sable, Krystalin, and more.

Are they worth anything?

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The only ones that have some value as singles are Marvel Masterpieces 5 from 1996. Some of those singles can sell for $10 to $15 each.

With a little looking around, full 90 cards sets of 1992 can be had for about $20-25 dollars and the 1993 set can be for less than that. That is also a 90 card set.

The 1994 set is made of 140 cards so it's about $20 these days. Production levels on the 1992-94 sets was so massive, they will never be "rare", but they remain somewhat popular since they feature all of the classic Marvel heroes and villains by some superb artists.

1995 set is tougher to find, as it was not as heavily produced, so it is worth about $50 or $60 while the rare 1996 set is worth about $600 or so, and is one of the most valuable of the modern non-sports sets.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, I guess I'll just hang on to them. Maybe they'll be worth something decades from now lol

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It's important to never throw your extra common cards away.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's a few hundred reasons why to hang on to them commons right there, haha.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post