Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Twilight Inkworks set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Inkworks set
 Login/Join

Picture of jimmymatthew
posted
Can anyone explain the insanity of these cards to me? I used to have the inkworks binder, and many of the pieceworks and promos, as well as the base set.

i would like to get that collection going again, but it seems like it's impossible to find the inkworks stuff, and any twilight cards period are being asked what seems like a way overpriced amount.

what is up with this?

Posts: 38 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmymatthew:
Can anyone explain the insanity of these cards to me? I used to have the inkworks binder, and many of the pieceworks and promos, as well as the base set.

i would like to get that collection going again, but it seems like it's impossible to find the inkworks stuff, and any twilight cards period are being asked what seems like a way overpriced amount.

what is up with this?

Huge demand from Twilight fans who are non card collectors.Inkworks could have sold three times the amount they produced.The vast majority of the cards went to Twilight fans and they are not selling at any price so there is nothing making it onto the secondary markets such as Ebay.

You have no chance of getting even the base cards from the Inworks set now without paying what most card collectors would consider an insane amount of money.Your only hope is to wait about five years and hope all those teenagers find they need to sell to fund college educations Smile .

I made more money off the Topps UK oversized cards than any other set I have ever bought and that was just base and chase cards,no high end cards at all.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Simple...supply and demand.

There are loads of people who want these cards and there are not enough cards to go round.

therfore the market drives the prices through the roof.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was newly unemployed when this set was announced. I told my main dealer I was thinking of buying a case and selling the proceeds since I had no interest at all in TWILIGHT. He talked me out of it. "They just said no autographs now, so the cards will be a bust." What a nice joke on me. So here's my entire Inkworks TWILIGHT collection; nine unopened packs and the P1 promo card. Can't win 'em all.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got the inkworks promos for trade if anyone wants them. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, we could have the pointless discussion:

What if inkworks had delivered on the autographs?

Any price speculations or fake stories? --Chris (and a p.s. of bad news for cardaddict, might need to re-count those inkworks packs, bad news on at least one of them!)

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
Of course, we could have the pointless discussion:

What if inkworks had delivered on the autographs?

Any price speculations or fake stories? --Chris (and a p.s. of bad news for cardaddict, might need to re-count those inkworks packs, bad news on at least one of them!)

You have good eyes. Wink

Yes, there is always that NECA reproduction for those who want the same base cards without paying the price.

Like many collectors, I could have ordered the Inkworks Twilight cards at the time, but I lost interest when the autographs didn't materialized. Unlike some, I'm not sorry about it, even in hindsight. I had/have no interest in the movies and costume cards have become very common. I know there is a big demand for the original cards, but I still don't see it as an iconic non-sport set, and its the Twilight movie fans that are driving the silly prices.

I think dealers can kick themselves if they didn't get in on it back then, because it was lost profits to them. But collectors should buy what they like based on their values and have no regrets if something they passed on takes off. I have seen a lot of expensive junk in my time, but it was still junk to me. Big Grin

Posts: 10413 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Like - oops! Make that 7 unopened packs and some of those other kind thrown in as fillers. You passed the test!

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Actually, I didn't think much of the set/property until the I saw that the autos were not happening and the case price dropped. I ended up buying a case just a few days before release. In hindsight, I wish I would have maxxed out the plastic on that one but it was an incredible performer.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post