Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Non-Sport Trading Card Database
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Trading Card Database
 Login/Join

Picture of dough boy
posted
Introducing NonSportRealm.com!

I have mentioned previously with several of you that I am working on a trading card database to track your collection. Taking everything I have learned from ComicBookRealm.com and its' 32,000+ members I have worked hard to build this site from the ground up to cater to our trading card needs.

Hopefully in the next month or so I will be able to open it up for early access for BETA testers, and then shortly after that to all early registrants. If you are interested in getting early access, just enter your contact information on the sign up form.

The only requirement will be that you use a modern browser. This mean IE9+, Firefox, or Chrome. I can't wait until people are in and can let me know your thoughts.

Register today: http://nonsportrealm.com/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Signed up. I'm reducing my collection but it's always a good thing to be in a community of like minded collectors.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe the new site will help you reduce your collection. Smile Just like CBR you will be able to list a card for sale.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Interesting site. I have registered and had a poke about, clearly it is a work in progress. You are also light on a number of manufacturers. I would hope to see a few more than the 22 so far, and we appear not to be on your list along with several other notable missing names Razz

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
Interesting site. I have registered and had a poke about, clearly it is a work in progress. You are also light on a number of manufacturers. I would hope to see a few more than the 22 so far, and we appear not to be on your list along with several other notable missing names Razz
But of course. The site primarily started out just for "Comic" cards. Initially it was going to be built into ComicBookRealm.com and that was all. We decided that it could be so much more so we pulled it out and are giving a proper home to all trading cards.

The goal is to when we launch hopefully have a large swath of the Manufacturers/Series/Cards already in the database (makes it easier for people to get going if they are not waiting on items to be added). The hard part is getting the site setup to track/manage/report everything, after that once you can do one card you can do thousands/millions.

To make sure you are included at launch please send along checklists of anything that you have.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Cool count me in!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
To make sure you are included at launch please send along checklists of anything that you have.

Not to be funny, but if I had checklists of anything that I have I wouldn't need a database. Well that is kind of funny. Big Grin

But I hope this works out well for you once you get it up and running. I know its been tried a few ways with sports cards before and it never actually worked out too well. Its the tracking of the personal collections that get difficult, not the posting of the checklists part. Although there are now who-knows-how-many checklists, even for non-sport. Also they tried to keep tabs on current card pricing and that involved constant updating.

Maybe next year when I get a new PC I will be able to check out your site. Right now it would probably crash my old laptop. Lots of luck. Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Believe me...I know all of this. With 33,000+ series and 280,000 comics it is tough. Just like a comic a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at that time.

Ultimately just like the history of CBR I needed a place to catalog my collection. It works for me, and hopefully helps others as well. If not I am not out much more than my time as I am a developer by trade, but I still need a database.

But I cannot create a listing in the database for that obscure card you own without knowing about it. Smile

Looking forward to your thoughts on it...next year. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I have registered. I never bothered to catalogue individual base cards, but I do have a database for my collection that individually catalogues inserts / autos / sketches etc. Let me know if you want it, and fields and format (email in profile).

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I too have a data base for my sets (but not individual cards) and for auto's and some Inserts. It is a large excel file but it might be usable let me know email in profile.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see this up and running. I just started updating my list of sets and hit 1000 sets. With an average of 72 cards in a base set it will take a while to get the 72,000 card plus inserts all listed.

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Chris...here is a simple example based upon one of your sets... Theoretically you can add a complete series with a few clicks (assuming you didn't want to track price paid, condition, etc).

Here is the detail screen for Captain America Movie's Insignia Patch Cards:

And here is the entry screen to add to your collection:

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Registered.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have registered too, although I only really collect James Bond cards.

Do you want a copy of the Excel spread sheet I have put together for these?

Posts: 12 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just came across this.....are you still developing this? Looks like a fantastic idea and concept. I'm sure others would agree and use it to enhance their respected collections.
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
Chris...here is a simple example based upon one of your sets... Theoretically you can add a complete series with a few clicks (assuming you didn't want to track price paid, condition, etc).

Here is the detail screen for Captain America Movie's Insignia Patch Cards:

And here is the entry screen to add to your collection:

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Yes. Sorry it is taking me a lot longer to get things finished than I had hoped. I have a page that needs to get tweaked, but the bulk of what is left is trying to get as many series/cards in the system as possible at launch.

Currently there are 78,000+ cards in the database, but this is only from at most 10% of the known series. Once open and we can find some moderators to help manage things it will be a lot smoother.

Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I too, just saw this. I can't tell you excited I am. I've been looking the last few weeks for a better piece of software to help me organize everything. I've been using comic collector live the last 2 years but I just don't have the time for it anymore. I also checked out collectorz but that is for comics and again I don't have the time to create everything.

Now, something like this, that is already updated and made specifically for non-sport is exactly what I've been waiting for.

I signed up for the BETA testing and I'm up for helping out more when it gets going. Something like this I would find the time to help with!

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Just seeing this thread, and I am now registered. Looking forward to checking it out!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ready to go

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think everyone that has been collecting and/or just getting into it should fully support what dough boy is developing. I think we can all agree that this is something we've all been wanting or needing to do. They're are some other formats of database, but if its anything like the ComicBookRealm.com SWEET!

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post