Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Weird Transaction From Ebay Business
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird Transaction From Ebay Business
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but not new to card collecting, so I hope posting this is okay to this forum.

I've just had quite an upsetting transaction with an Ebay business. I just purchased multiple boxes from the seller, a seller which I've purchased from in the past and spent a lot of money on and had no issue with.

However this time, the seller has cancelled my order, despite paying for it immediately, and given me a very generic 7 word comment saying they don't ship out of the country.

If he didn't ship out of the country why did the transaction even go through?

I just expected more from a business which I have spent thousands on and a more humbling apology than the one I received. Ultimately it's left me really disappointed and feeling like why should I even bother with the hobby anymore.

Anyway thanks for reading. It feels better to have gotten that off my chest.

Posts: 1 | Location: Aus | Registered: October 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Was it an Upper Deck product? US retailers have restrictions about where they're allowed to ship UD products.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some sellers are discontinuing international sales because of COVID, but listings are opting them back in automatically. This has happened to me a few times. Australia, especially Victoria, like Europe is a bit of a pain to do business with at the moment as things are taking 4-13 weeks to arrive, leading to a lot of refunds.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post