Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Some advice regarding selling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some advice regarding selling
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted
Hi

I'm the proud owner of a complete master set of the following Lost TV series set

LOST: Season One
LOST: Season Two
LOST: Season Three
LOST: Seasons 1 thru 5
LOST Archives
LOST Relics
LOST: Revelations

All in all you can say it' s a master set of master sets Smile I collected those cards back when the show was airing and now even if i have nice memories, I'm thinking of selling those to buy other cards I guess. By the way I don't know if my question fits within the regulations a of the forum Confused . What would be your best advice regarding the selling of this type ? As a whole or sets by sets ? Going down to any particular singles is way too much work/time I think

Thanks for the inputs !

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If it was me i would start by trying to sell everything in one go. If there were no takers then try and sell each set complete, one at a time. Still no takers then you need to sell all the cards you think are worth money individually and then sell mini masters of the binder, base and chase.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
First decide what you estimate you will take for each set and then estimate the sum of the whole. Certainly if you can find one buyer to give you a good price on the whole thing it would be preferable. If not you will have to work your way down level by level as wolfie advised.

Unless you have a need for quick money, don't rush it. Bulk sales can be disappointing if they know you are dumping them fast. You have master sets and that is worth a lot to the right buyer. You just have to find him. Wink

Posts: 10409 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your inputs ! I'm in no rush to sell this so I guess I can still think about it Smile

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go against the advice of everyone else. Someone who is interested in a master set has probably got a significant chunk already. I would try each set separately first as that is most likely to attract a serious buyer who is missing something. If that doesn't work, then the binder + base + inserts as lots, but sell the autos/costumes individually (with perhaps lots for the more common ones).

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
I'm going to go against the advice of everyone else. Someone who is interested in a master set has probably got a significant chunk already. I would try each set separately first as that is most likely to attract a serious buyer who is missing something. If that doesn't work, then the binder + base + inserts as lots, but sell the autos/costumes individually (with perhaps lots for the more common ones).

I agree with you too the extent that someone who has already been collecting Lost is only looking to fill in holes. What batmancity needs is to find someone interested in Lost that has not been collecting the cards.

The significant part of the deal is that each season is a complete master. Once you allow cherry picking of the best cards, then you are left to just offer the commons and base cards. They won't fetch much by themselves. It may turn out that there are no good offers and you have to revert to breaking it up. However if time or money is not an immediate issue, looking for a package deal when you have masters should bring in more.

If it wasn't master sets we were talking about, then I think going for individual sales would be better, although more time consuming.

Posts: 10409 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
wait for the reboot so Interest will be Back........ Then Offer the Lot......

if you have spares, sell them seperately....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would email a few dealers first and see what offers you get back. You wont make as much money as selling yourself, but once you factor in the fees, time, risk and hassle of selling it yourself you might get a worthwhile offer.

If you dont get a decent offer you can then still sell it yourself.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post