Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    SKYBOX embossed seal - Wild Wild West movie autographs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SKYBOX embossed seal - Wild Wild West movie autographs
 Login/Join

Picture of pendragon
posted
Does anyone know the history of FLEER SKYBOX in relation to them using the embossed stamps on their autographed cards? I know the their Star Trek auto'd cards were pretty consistent with their seal but i'm questioning the use, or not, of the seal with the Wild Wild West Movie autographs. The majority of the cards that i have seen do not have the stamp but i have seen some, only a hand full, with the stamp. What gives? I read somewhere something about a bankruptcy sale and cards that were in house for extras in case of damage... no seal...pack pulled with seal...pack pulled with no seal...

any information would be appreciated.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I collected this set when it first came out and got everything apart from the mega rare A15 of Salma Hayek. Just checked and they all have the embossed seal.

I would guess that the ones without a seal are the ones from the bankruptcy sale. Probably the reason you see less of the ones with a seal is that they are in collectors hands who are keeping them whereas the ones without a seal went to dealers who are trying to sell them.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
So, are the ones without the seal just as good as the ones with the seal? especially the high end autographs? Hayek, Branagh and Kline. (sounds like a law firm) Smile

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have nine of these autographs and none of them have an embossed seal on them.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have a couple, no seals. They were not pack pulled.

Although some people might feel more secure with cards bearing the embossed seal, in a case where it is documented and known that the absence of a seal is not a red flag for funny business, I think it really should make no difference.

Of course it could be possible a seller might want to try and add a premium if the seal is present. I don't think it would even matter for anything but the Hayak and maybe Kline, Branagh is not high.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post