Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Need info on FATHOM sealed box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on FATHOM sealed box
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, does anyone know where or how much $ I can get one of these for? It is one of few boxes I have never opened. There is no box breakdown for this in the box contents section. Thanks!

Posts: 56 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only data I have is the book value for a sealed Fathom 2001, 36 packs, from the 2017 Non-Sport Almanac. It lists for $40 - $50.

Now this is probably not very much higher than the original SRP of a box when it first came out, so I couldn't say how accurate it is to a real time sale. I have often noticed that it takes a lot before price guides raise values above SRP on sealed boxes and unopened packs, even for titles that you know have had a mark up.

Many of those artwork sets produced in the late 90's and early 2000's have unopened box values that are just languishing around the SRP. Maybe they never did get any higher if there is no demand, but than you look at something like Dark Angel and you see you can't always rely on the guides.

The Almanac has unopened hobby boxes at $50 - $60. That can't be right just because of the chance of pulling an Alba or Cameron autograph. I don't think anyone would want to take $50 for a sealed Dark Angel box. Now Fathom box I could see. Big Grin

Anyway I don't think the demand for Fathom is such that this would cost too much to buy, but that doesn't mean it's easy to find.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! The chase cards seem very popular. But I find no boxes yet.

Posts: 56 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rare box, from PWCC.

7 sale records (eBay) since 2013.

Michael Turners Fathom Premier Edition Trading Cards Factory Sealed Box! Sep 26, 2018 $55.00
FATHOM trading cards premiere edition-unopened BOX- 2001 Sep 26, 2017 $72.00
MICHAEL TURNER'S FATHOM PREMIER EDITION SEALED BOOSTER BOX FREE SHIP W\TRACKING Sep 19, 2017 $99.99
Michael turners Fathom trading cards premier edition sealed box Jul 30, 2017 $49.95
MICHAEL TURNER'S FATHOM TRADING CARDS PREMIERE EDITION ~ FULL BOX NEVER OPENED Mar 29, 2015 $104.27
Michael Turners Fathom Trading Cards Premiere Edition Sealed Box Dynamic Forces Jun 3, 2013 $148.49
Fathom Trading Cards Card SEALED Box Aspen Top Cow Michael Turner RARE DFE Apr 22, 2013 $200.00

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If that sequence of sales is any true indication of value, Fathom boxes are going in the wrong direction. At $200 in 2013 to $55 in 2018. I wonder if the listing of $40 - $50 in the Almanac might have something to do with the decline, or if the listing is merely a reflection of those verified sales already completed?

In any event, it does fall in line with the point I'm always stressing that it's demand rather than supply that will always determine the price. It doesn't matter how rare the product if no one is looking for it. It doesn't matter how plentiful the product as long as a larger number of people want it.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Raven....does your post count mean you are really evil? Eek

This post will shortly make no sense at all. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Raven....does your post count mean you are really evil? Eek

This post will shortly make no sense at all. Big Grin

Wolfie, I got it. Big Grin

"Kneel before your Queen!" Wavey

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

"Kneel before your Queen!" Wavey

I am not worthy. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post