Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Harry Potter Binder Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Binder Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted
I just received an INAD dispute from a new collector on eBay and it got me wondering about all Harry Potter binders.
When they're closed the rings touch the inside of the covers. Is it always going to happen that those rings cause small indentations? When she mentioned it had dents I couldn't think how as they are so rigid and not padded. Then I remembered the inside.
Because of those indents would all my Harry Potter binders be in less than perfect condition? And should they be listed as 'damaged' or 'not in perfect condition? Confused
I didn't describe it as I didn't think it'd be a reason for an Item Not As Described dispute. Dents on the outside, yes, but ring marks are just something that will happen with those binders, right?
Even my Buffy ones have them, especially my Buffy Season 1 which has no pages in it.

Not really sure on that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
All binders have the indents on the inside, at least all mine do. If the binders are stacked on top of each other with any weight in them those indents will push through the front of the binder.

I would not class this as a case for a refund on the grounds of the binder being damaged.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Even new binders can have those indents. My Star Wars Episode 1 had them when it was removed from the shrink wrap and my Disney Treasures binder also has them.

I agree with Wolfie and the complaint seems harsh.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
The buyer is either trying it on or just doesn't know this is what binders are like.

Just like everyone else, all my binders have indentations on the inner side of the front flap caused by the rings.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not an issue unless the indentation from the rings have actually pierced the cover, which should not be the case with a new binder.

Perhaps the buyer is a novice who really doesn't know better. Either that or he/she just wants a return and is looking for any excuse.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the speedy replies, I've let her know that it's not damaged, it's how all binders are.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else, most if not all my binders have this. It's just a "given" to me I don't even notice it.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post