Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Are Wacky Packs Sports Non-Sports??

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2767078186

April 17, 2016, 04:49 PM
anthonyd
Are Wacky Packs Sports Non-Sports??
Hi all,

I didn't see a topic (maybe I missed it), but Topps Wacky Packages released a "sports" series of Wacky Packs based on fake items using real baseball team names.
Would these be considered sport or non-sport? I say non-sport.
April 17, 2016, 04:56 PM
chesspieceface
I agree, and I think most Wacky collectors would be interested in these, even those who don't care for baseball at all. I only dabble in them myself, but I get a "completist" vibe from many Wacky collectors.

Topps did put a promo for the series in each box of their 2016 Topps Baseball Series 1, the flagship set, and a heavily produced one at that, so I'm sure they're hoping to sell some to their sports cards collectors who don't normally buy Wackys. Due to the widespread distribution method of them in a popular baseball set, these must be among the heaviest produced non-sports promos in many years.

April 17, 2016, 05:08 PM
Raven
Non-sport.
April 17, 2016, 05:32 PM
Batman
Gets my vote for non-sports and worst set of the year as well I'm sorry I brought any.

April 26, 2016, 09:28 AM
mykdude
Just because wacky packages have such a long history I would say non-sport.

As kid I would buy the ones that made fun of household and commercial products.

May 08, 2016, 12:25 AM
anthonyd
Quick Update - there are 4-card packs at The Dollar Store. I grabbed one but haven't opened it yet - though you can see the top card thru the window.
May 11, 2016, 05:51 PM
Bunkie
I collect baseball cards. I don't consider Wacky Packs with baseball team names a sports card. The cards don't depict a real player.
August 05, 2016, 06:50 PM
TC00
Non-Sport because they're more satire sticker cards than legitimate official sports league endorsed series eg MLB.