Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Ebay now in the international shipping business !! more fees for overseas buyers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay now in the international shipping business !! more fees for overseas buyers
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i saw at auction on which the price was $12 and it was still quoting £4.25 customs fees - I will be keeping a close eye on which I bid for -

that being said I won an auction at $21.74 and the seller marked the packet value as $25 so I got hit with £11 fees - he did refund $10 - but even so

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I just had my first international buyer (Australia) since the new shipping rules, so I printed my first shipping label (usually address everything by hand) and sent it to the Global Shipping Hub. My question is; He only paid less than $4 (which is US shipping price) for shipping, does that mean he has to pay again to a third shipping party? How does it get from the Hub to him since he only paid for the cards(3) and $3.90 shipping? I tried to send an invoice with accurate shipping amount but ebay wouldn't let me. Are they going to take money out of my paypal account once it gets to the hub?

I didn't read those details in the new shipping section on ebay.

Thanks for any information.

Ttyl, Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
I just had my first international buyer (Australia) since the new shipping rules

I just wanted to clarify, this new shipping rule is not "Mandatory" for US sellers. This method as an option. I have not chosen it because it makes the international buyer pay additional fees when they don't have to.

According to the ebay, Import charges and international shipping costs are calculated automatically and collected from the buyer at checkout.

So, it would seem they have already paid the money and ebay took it.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's because of all these recent changes including extremely high shipping costs that I'm just about giving up with the hobby. The pre-paid customs charge has to be biggest rip off yet by ebay. They are charging on values below customs threshold so who is getting those fees, also as I've stated on another post a friend still had to pay customs charge when item arrived in the U.K. So he paid the fee twice.

I'll purchase the odd mini master set but no longer go Master Sets and cases, forget it.

I've also really cut back on the number of Shows I used to do as a Dealer getting rid of my spare stock as it's not worth the effort, I'm in the process of dumping a lot of old stock. Probably the only shows I'll still do are the Memorabilia ones in the U.K. as I treat them as a Weekend Break.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
I just had my first international buyer (Australia) since the new shipping rules

I just wanted to clarify, this new shipping rule is not "Mandatory" for US sellers. This method as an option. I have not chosen it because it makes the international buyer pay additional fees when they don't have to.

According to the ebay, Import charges and international shipping costs are calculated automatically and collected from the buyer at checkout.

So, it would seem they have already paid the money and ebay took it.

If it's not mandatory then I need to figure out how to get out it because ebay wouldn't give me the guys address, only the shipping hub. And he never paid import charges and the international shipping costs. I've got a feeling I'm going to lose a lot of money from selling these 3 cards. Frown

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I won't use the new checkout and hope it never becomes mandatory. There are more then enough fees out there to deal with. And since they charge it for ALL cases, even when it wouldn't be collected otherwise, it's just too heavy handed. And it comes at a time when the cost for shipping just a few cards ahs gone up dreadfully...

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:

If it's not mandatory then I need to figure out how to get out it because ebay wouldn't give me the guys address, only the shipping hub. And he never paid import charges and the international shipping costs. I've got a feeling I'm going to lose a lot of money from selling these 3 cards. Frown

My first question is Are you sure you are signed up for the International shipping using the HUB?

Since you say the buyer did not pay any import or additional charges I would call eBay and find out what is going on. And let them know you want to remove yourself from using that feature.

I have called eBay two times in the past month and I have to say they are 1,000% better than they were 2 years ago. They have a new feature that they will call you back. It has worked great for me.

I know you shipped to Australia, but I can tell you the post office has been changing there first class package service for the better. I have shipped to Canada and the UK and the post office offers (through eBay label printing) tracking on packages of 2 ounces for about $7.00. I don't know if Australia is included in that yet.

Good Luck

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:

My first question is Are you sure you are signed up for the International shipping using the HUB?

Since you say the buyer did not pay any import or additional charges I would call eBay and find out what is going on. And let them know you want to remove yourself from using that feature.

I have called eBay two times in the past month and I have to say they are 1,000% better than they were 2 years ago. They have a new feature that they will call you back. It has worked great for me.

I know you shipped to Australia, but I can tell you the post office has been changing there first class package service for the better. I have shipped to Canada and the UK and the post office offers (through eBay label printing) tracking on packages of 2 ounces for about $7.00. I don't know if Australia is included in that yet.

Good Luck

The other shipping charges may have been paid directly to the Global shipping service.

Have you confirmed that the address is actually the Ebay Global shipping hub? Some buyers use independent shipping services in the US that will receive mail and forward it to them at a lesser cost. The shipping address would be the address of the US shipping service they are using.

eBay Global Shipping Program - Is It Opt In or Opt Out?

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you confirmed that the address is actually the Ebay Global shipping hub? Some buyers use independent shipping services in the US that will receive mail and forward it to them at a lesser cost. The shipping address would be the address of the US shipping service they are using.

Agree check the address. I had in the past some buyers from outside USA (Japan and South America countries) using forwarding services in the USA.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
The other shipping charges may have been paid directly to the Global shipping service.

eBay Global Shipping Program - Is It Opt In or Opt Out?

Yes, the address is the Global Shipping Hub.

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200
Erlanger KY 41018-3193
United States

The package shows delivered to the buyer in Australia. BUT the buyer contacted me and said he never received it or signed for it and now has opened a case through paypal. I've never had a package not get to the person I mailed it to, so this new method has not been a positive experience. Although, since there was tracking every step of the way (even out of the country) I would think I should not get stung on this one. Crossed fingers.