Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Walking Dead R13 Costume Card (#'ed of 18)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead R13 Costume Card (#'ed of 18)
 Login/Join

posted
I see that one of the limited Walking Dead costume cards of R13 (#11 of 18) has popped up on the site that shall remain nameless. Bidding still has 6 days to go and the price is nearing $300 but the reserve has not been met.
Has anyone seen any others or the redemption card?
Any opinions if this will reach the status of Star Trek case incentive pin/badge cards awhile back or even the elusive Buffy stake cards?
It will be interesting to see what this card eventually sells for if the reserve is met.....

Posts: 106 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An eBay auction for a redemption just ended on December 28. The winning bid was $545.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's my card.. I pulled it out of the first box in the first case I opened. If it's hits my reserve that's cool, if not it's still fine.. The first box I opened had an Autogrtaph Card, Two Wardrobe Cards, A Sketch Card and this Redemption Card for the patch. It's at $500 currently but I really don't care if it sells. I heard of one of the 1/1 cards sells for $5k.. I also know that one of my friends bought the redeemption card you talk about and is waiting for it to be delivered so he can send it away.

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Email sent Tom.

Cool card!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stephanie!

Also I have the Letter from Scott at Cryptozoic for the Patch Card.. Like Artbox they keep the Redemption Card but enclose a letter with the card.

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffThom:
Any opinions if this will reach the status of Star Trek case incentive pin/badge cards awhile back or even the elusive Buffy stake cards?
It will be interesting to see what this card eventually sells for if the reserve is met.....

I think pricing is a highly individual thing and we all hold certain standards that may not be entirely logical to anyone else. I know that I am willing to spend too much money on certain cards without a second thought and with others I get very cheap.

I can see the desirability of owning the Buffy stake card because its a prop and its so limited. My own preference is for autograph cards, so I always like the short printed signature cards of big stars.

However costume cards leave me cold. Its just a small swatch of material on most and there is really no reason to limit the production when any type of costume should result in numerous swatches, except of course limited by manufacturer design. Wink

Even when its a question of completing a set, if the missing card is a short printed costume, often times not even from a central character, I just don't feel like putting out a lot of money for it. So my own opinion is NO, I would never pay that much for this card or ever consider it in the same class of those Holy Grails we all chase. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post