Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Dr Who Radio Times Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr Who Radio Times Cards
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
This weeks Radio Times magazine has Dr Who cards in it, i think they are postcards but exclusive to the magazine. They show the covers of various Dr Who magazines from over the years.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are two different sets of 4

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are as John says two sets of four which i had assumed would be one this week and one next week, however they are both attached to this weeks issue meaning you have to purchase two copies of the same issue to get all eight cards.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Wish I could get these mags here in the U.S.A.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

(Moved from original post!)
British TV listings magazine Radio Times has a LONG history of putting Doctor WHo on the cover, stretching right back to the very first Doctor, William Hartnell. To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the series, the current issue of the magazine (in shops as I type this) has two different sets of 4 'postcards', each featuring a different Doctor Who themed Radio Times cover - to get all 8 cards, you have to buy two copies of the otherwise identical magazine (£1.60 each) There is a one page article on Doctor Who in the magazine.
Some blurry pictures follow (taken on my iPod, so apologies for the quality!)

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Saw them in the newsagents this morning.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up a couple today.Very nice cards,the only problem is storage.The individual cards are too big for 3 or 4 pocket pages so I have kept them as complete sheets and put them in the one pocket pages I use for Breygents Z cards as they are too wide for the standard one pockets.Even with that there is about a half inch sticking out of the top Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
will they go in the two pocket page?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's probably the best fit but unfortunately I don't have any.Something to look for at Memorabilia Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
There are dedicated Postcard pages you can get - Main Post Offices with a shop may have them, or larger branches of WH Smith, and if you look on Amazon.co.uk you can find 4 pocket pages (4 hole) which look like they would fit in a regular 4 hole binder.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Paul Thumb Up .

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
found my set today

yesterday asda were sold out - go figure

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Stamp & Coin Mart magazine will have a free set of 11 Dr Who postcards (a tie-in with the upcoming Royal Mail stamps) with the May edition.

click

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice freebie. The magazine is £3.50 i think.

Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
Stamp & Coin Mart magazine will have a free set of 11 Dr Who postcards (a tie-in with the upcoming Royal Mail stamps) with the May edition.

click
Thanks for the link. I ordered 2 May issues shipped to the U.S. for $24. USD

Best Always,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post