Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Non-Sports Cards at Dollar Tree

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/266101552

October 07, 2009, 07:49 PM
H_Toser
Non-Sports Cards at Dollar Tree
Was in my local Dollar Tree today and they had all the products mentioned here: Americana, Igor, Marvel Masterpieces II, and they also had Cars and Princess (I think that's what it was called). Bunch of sports products too.
October 07, 2009, 09:42 PM
chesspieceface
And Series 2 turned out being the only set that there was a retail edition for, isn't that right? I know Set 1 was Hobby Exclusive and I don't remember seeing or hearing about Set 3 being available at Target, etc.

I just remember comparing the wrappers from my Set 2 Retail packs at the time I bought them with wrappers from the Hobby boxes I'd purchased a month or two before and noting that they were completely identical. I'll dig up those wrappers and post a scan, and would love to see a retail wrapper if someone has one.

(I collect wrapper variations with some of my sets, and especially on Marvel and Star Wars).

October 07, 2009, 09:46 PM
chesspieceface
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Was in my local Dollar Tree today and they had all the products mentioned here: Americana, Igor, Marvel Masterpieces II, and they also had Cars and Princess (I think that's what it was called). Bunch of sports products too.

Hey Harris, and anyone interested...

If they had packs of the 2008 Upper Deck Football Heroes cards among the sports cards, there are actually some non-sports cards in those (Guitar Heroes) which are pretty cool if you love rock music, and I was getting one or two of those in every pack.

October 07, 2009, 10:36 PM
igman7
I belive that there was some MMIII that made it into retail but it was very little.

October 16, 2009, 03:48 PM
Perfect Tommy
FInally found a store with them. I'd been looking at the counters, this was on a display by the counters with a bunch of other kids stuff on it, so I can see how I might have missed it.

I decided not to do the Americana 2009 they had since there was no odds on the back only "Collect all 100 celebrity cards." Picked up a few sports packs and took a long shot chance on two packs of Tale of Despereaux (busted of course). The Americana 09, Tale of Despereaux and some Igor cards were the only ones that store had that were non-sport.

August 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
Greg Geerts
I was in a Dollar Tree over the weekend and after much searching found
the cards back in the toy section. They had a lot of CCG, sports cards
and stickers. The only non-sport they had was some Desperaux and one
lone pack of Marvel Masterpieces Set 2, which I purchased. To my great
surprise, it contained a sketch card. A Rich Woodall sketch of
"Cosmic Cube". The pack also had a UDE points card with Spiderman on
the front. Since this is my first-ever MM pack, I was wondering if all
the points cards are the same except for the number on the back or are
there ones with different characters on them?

Greg

January 02, 2011, 06:36 PM
Bill DeFranzo
The Dollar Tree in my area is carrying Upper Deck's Thomas & Friends SODOR Adventures. The set (35) consists of the following:

Sticker cards (18) [4:1]
Pop-up Engines (8) [1:1]
Tatoos (8) [1:1]
Railroad Race Rules (1) Tidmouth Sheds [1:1]

There are tracks on the back of the cards that can be used to play a game. These cards would really excite any child who is into Thomas.

There are 7 cards per pack including the "Tidmouth Sheds" which is inserted in every pack. If you have kids (or are a kid at heart) they are fun to open. It takes at least 8 packs to put together a set. I bought 10 packs and came up short one pop-up.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)