Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney attractions trading cards?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney attractions trading cards?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted
I could have sworn I'd seen some trading cards for Disney World attractions years ago. I know McDonald's put out a lenticular set, but the ones I'm looking for are regular trading cards. In particular, I want a couple of cards for the ride Soarin'. Do these cards exist?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of avid Disney-card collectors hanging around here. And there's a Facebook interest group too: http://www.facebook.com/groups...162533122147/?ref=ts

A lot of the attraction-related cards are categorized as "promos" (including items issued with food promotions) or are from overseas. As for Soarin', I know of two cards that feature it:

It was card #41 of 50 in a series issued in 2005 with McDonalds Happy Meals, but the set featured Disneyland instead of DW.

At the Florida park, associates handed out "When I Am Tall Enough to Ride" (aka "You're Too Short To Ride") cards, giving the kid a chance to bring friends when he/she grew taller.

I don't know of any cards for the ride in "regular style" trading card sets sold through mass marketers.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Walt Disney World 30th Anniversary card set has pictures of some of the attractions, but not Soarin. Most of the theme-park related sets I've seen are for Disneyland, not Disney World.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Smile I have two cards from what appears to be a set, since both have the same Mickey icon border design on the front and back. I had hoped the set had a Soarin' card. One card has Twlight Zone Tower of Terror, with an ad on the back for Ultimate Disney Trivia Book 3 to be released in Spring 1997, and the other has Spaceship Earth with trivia questions on the back. Could these be from the 30th anniversary set?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
KB
can u post pics of the 2 cards you have? I have posted pics of the attraction cards I have collected from the parks. These are the ones your child gets when they are too short to ride safely. I have 21 so far and have some doubles.
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more and a checklist will follow

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Stitch’s Great Escape
Tomorrowland Speedway
Riding alone
Riding with a passenger

EPCOT
Mission Space
Soarin’
Sum of All Thrills
Test Track

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Star Tours
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl

Blizzard Beach
Chairlift
Downhill Double Dipper
Slush Gusher
Summit Plummet

Typhoon Lagoon
Crush ‘n’ Gusher
Humunger Kowabunga

DisneyQuest
Buzz Lightyear’s AstroBlaster
CyberSpace Mountain
Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam
Pirate of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So Michael, when are you going to be too tall for them to offer you the cards? Cool I note that the the concept is popular enough for Disney to offer limited-edition pins in the gift shops, with different characters showing they are tall enough ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I think I need about another inch. That should do it!!!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
They had cards that identified which parking lot you were in. So you could find your car.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
The two cards in the center and on the right (Tower of Terror and Spaceship Earth) are from the same set, but I'm not sure which one. I'd also like to know more about the card on the left. Thanks!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
The middle and right cards come from the Disney vacation club. There are 9 cards in each set and the backs have trivia questions. If you sat through the vacation club promotion you got the cards to keep your kids busy while they tried to make you buy the time share. There is also another set of 9 cards. The card on the left is part of the cast only signature cards. They were made with silver and gold script.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, beamer! I have some of the signature cards from packs I bought in 2006 and 2007. There was also a cast-only set?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:

That card on the left is so cute Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
There were 5 different cast member cards numbered C-1 thru C-5.
C1-Walt Disney Statue
C2-Figment
C3-Mickey Mouse Fantasia
C4-Mickey Mouse Safari
C5-Walt Disney World

Here is the info on the Vacation club trivia cards
Disney Vacation Club Trivia Cards, 1996

3 different sets of 9 cards each. The cards have trivia questions on the back of the cards with the answers.

9 Magic Kingdom Park
9 Epcot
9 Disney MGM Studios

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So what exactly were those cards the beamer had posted? I really like those cards with the attractions on them. That Big Thunder Mountain card is awesome!

Posts: 2 | Location: The Internet | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
If there is a ride at a park or even the water parks, and you can't ride because you are too short, the cast member will give the child a trading card that allows them to go to the front of the line when they are tall enough. I have 22 different cards so far.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, those sound awesome! I've never heard of such a thing! Are they retired or still being handed out? Could you show some more photos, perhaps the back of a few as well?

Posts: 2 | Location: The Internet | Registered: November 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
give me your email and I will send pics to you.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those have been informally referred to as "Disneyland Parking lot Cards" though the Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide (2008 edition) calls them "Disneyland Resort Parking Lots." It notes five different ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
They had cards that identified which parking lot you were in. So you could find your car.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post