Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Card Mysteries Never Solved
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card Mysteries Never Solved
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I figured that I would start this thread. Are you aware of a non sports set or card shrouded in mystery ? Here is one that I know of

DISNEY PREMIUM (SkyBox, 1995)

This was a high end set, 80 base cards and 11 chase. There were also 2 easy to find promo cards, P1 and P2.

However, after the set came out, people learned of the existence of a card SP1. It did not come in the packs of the set. It was not sent to dealers. No one knows where it came from, where it was distributed.

If you see an uncut sheet of the 91 cards and 2 promos, the SP1 is on it. Rarely has it turned up as a single, cut off the sheet

So how was this card released ? No one knows

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Never saw this big bad wolf promo until now so tks for posting it.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some have speculated that the SP1 stands for "special" and that it was a product insert, or that it was intended to be

On the 1996 All Time Toons set (Bugs Bunny) by Upper Deck, someone once showed me an unnumbered card (all of the cards and chase in the regular set are numbered) that looked like it was part of the set, and they told me it came with a Christmas ornament. Who knows ? Another mystery

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I suppose another Disney mystery is on the Suncoast video store cell cards from 1997-2005, whether cards # 117 and 139 exist

People thought that # 135 did not exist, and then it showed up