Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Order of the Phoenix Update Luna's sweater variant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Order of the Phoenix Update Luna's sweater variant
 Login/Join

Picture of Natalie
posted
I have a C3 card from the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Update set, which instead of a piece of fabric has a rounded piece of patterned metal. I am assuming it is a button, but I've never seen one like it before. Anyone else have a similar card?

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Could you add a picture of it to your post???

Thanks!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
No... I haven't seen one before.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Yup I think I've the picture thing figured out now.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Success!

I think it's a cool card, I just want to know if it is authentic being as I didn't pack-pull it. The picture on the auction wasn't very good and I thought it might have some stitching or something on it, but was really surprised by what showed up in the post.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Looks like the top of a button that may have been flattened to fit in a prop card. Looks great and probably very limited unless they bought a bunch of extra buttons!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
Yup I think I've the picture thing figured out now.

That's really a neat card. They should have a different designation for that type, like they did for the "Creature" cards like the Grimm fur. It's a costume card, but, exceptionally rare, I'd say.

I just got a sealed box of Order of the Phoenix Update cards and have two "error" cards in it. One card has the regular shiny finish on the back, but the front has a strip the length of the card where you can see the machine missed putting the finish. Also, another card in the box had no finish at all, just a matte-like look similar to some of the "foil" cards before the foil is applied. The embossing is even flatter than the other cards. Really odd.

Also, does anyone here know for sure about the UK exclusive of the Ron Weasley costume card numbered to 500? The US issue is numbered to 100 and the numbering is over the card number. The UK issue is the same, but numbered to 500...but, I've seen it mentioned several places that this card's run had a lot of problems and only around 100-130 cards were actually released. Has this ever been confirmed?

Sorry to go on so, but I've been collecting for several months and this is the first really good forum I've found to ask questions on. Thanks for you all's patience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HPCollector2011,

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post