Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    I Won...Nope i only thought i won.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Won...Nope i only thought i won.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
eBay just sent out updates to their disclosures and among other things, they are rolling out their "managed payment system" for all. They already have some users, but will be gradually moving accounts over. It's a lengthy read, but it seems they will tell you when you have to go. There is also mention of revised arbitration rules and listing condition rules.

Guess we can start brand new threads for complaints soon. Look for updated eBay disclosures in an email near you. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a readers digest version of what the eBay managed payment system means?

I see a lot of people are irritated, but the only reason I've seen so far (after not looking much) was that a number of categories will no longer be able to be sold on eBay, including Adult only items.

Based on the way the post reads it seems that this is only items posted in the restricted Adults only items categories -- so I don't *think* that would include art/sketch cards with nudity, but it seems like it could include Playboy and other similar cards.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I doubt this has anything to do with it (I haven't read it), but the past couple of weeks, my search for 'sketch' under non-sport trading cards, instead of just bringing up only sketches, as usual, now brings up autos, chase cards, inserts and all sorts of other cards I have no interest in. It's sort of irritating.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Adyen is a global processor of digital payments and, although not named in the disclosures I have seen, I believe that it is is the designated eBay entity for the payment platform as I understand it. This will effect sellers, who must register into the managed payment system as soon as eBay notifies them. Some have been doing it already, but many have tried to stay off it. They will have no choice as soon as they are contacted. You can't post any new listings or change old ones. Do it or get off.

I don't think it may matter very much to buyers, who seem to have the same options of payment. This is directly for the sellers who are receiving the money. The main issues are that you must provide eBay with a bank account and eBay can do almost anything they want as far as debiting or crediting to that account. There is also a matter of whether sellers should send out items before payment is complete.

If I misstated anything, then please correct me. I have been reading comments from eBay sellers on the help boards.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting. . . Haven't sold on eBay in a long while. . .

Giving them access to my bank account is a deal breaker for me, so I guess I'm not going to be selling on eBay.

Guess if I decide to get serious about selling on eBay I need to set up another bank account.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen Playboy and Penthouse stuff on the main area of the site. It may not matter if the Adult section is shut down to some sellers. Ebay stopped paying people to police that years ago.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Anyone have a readers digest version of what the eBay managed payment system means?

I see a lot of people are irritated, but the only reason I've seen so far (after not looking much) was that a number of categories will no longer be able to be sold on eBay, including Adult only items.

Based on the way the post reads it seems that this is only items posted in the restricted Adults only items categories -- so I don't *think* that would include art/sketch cards with nudity, but it seems like it could include Playboy and other similar cards.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've noticed that my searches pull items I'm not searching for. Sponsored stuff gets pulled to increase exposure for related items for sellers who pay extra. A lot of Pokemon stuff sometimes follows the main body of the results (after showing what related items international sellers offer).

At least two people have mentioned that they have seen items on their watch lists that have come up for sale without them being notified. The Ebay site might be showing its age or it's not being maintained as assiduously as before.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I doubt this has anything to do with it (I haven't read it), but the past couple of weeks, my search for 'sketch' under non-sport trading cards, instead of just bringing up only sketches, as usual, now brings up autos, chase cards, inserts and all sorts of other cards I have no interest in. It's sort of irritating.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I have seen Playboy and Penthouse stuff on the main area of the site. It may not matter if the Adult section is shut down to some sellers. Ebay stopped paying people to police that years ago.

Jess

Hopefully they will extend that outside the USA . I have been trying to list Playboy related items for years on the UK site without success Frown . It's not even nudity , the mere word " Playboy " anywhere in the listing gets the item banned Mad .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised by that. You live in a country that had flashes of nudity on "The Benny Hill Show" in the 70's and yet you can't sell Playboys on the Ebay UK site today? In the U.S. we got edited versions of the show. It was just too hot for us, I guess. Even the scrubbed versions were on at 11pm or later here.

I have bought cards from international sellers. Can you sell on U.S. Ebay?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Jess

Hopefully they will extend that outside the USA . I have been trying to list Playboy related items for years on the UK site without success Frown . It's not even nudity , the mere word " Playboy " anywhere in the listing gets the item banned Mad .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised by that. You live in a country that had flashes of nudity on "The Benny Hill Show" in the 70's and yet you can't sell Playboys on the Ebay UK site today? In the U.S. we got edited versions of the show. It was just too hot for us, I guess. Even the scrubbed versions were on at 11pm or later here.

I have bought cards from international sellers. Can you sell on U.S. Ebay?

Jess

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Jess

I may well try that again . I attempted it a few years ago and was not able to access the adult section because I was registered on the UK site . I tried to register a new seller ID on the USA site and could not as they wanted a USA address and phone number Roll Eyes .

Maybe now I can sell in the non adult categories using my UK ID . Probably wait a few months before trying as I suspect most buyers will be USA based and trans-atlantic postage is a nightmare at the moment .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've seen Playboy cards on Ebay UK recently. Both boxes and individual cards.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:

I've seen Playboy cards on Ebay UK recently. Both boxes and individual cards.

Just had a look and you are right . Obviously things have changed in the last 5 years as I was threatened with being banned the last time I tried to list a Playboy magazine .

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
AARRGGHH!!! It's happened again. Mad

I won another ebay auction...274408815570....great stuff at a great price only to be told by the seller not to bother sending payment as he would not be sending the items. He even had the nerve to tell ebay that i had requested to cancel the win, why on earth would i do that.

Does this happen to you because it has happened to me a few times now over the years and i know that there is no point contacting ebay as they can do nothing except say please leave negative feedback.

So frustrating. Shake Head

Just to finish this off. Remember i won the auction for £26 but he refused to send it. He replaced the two pricey chase sets with two worthless autographs and relisted it. It just finished for £40+.

See, crime does pay and they say the meek shall inherit the earth.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Just to finish this off. Remember i won the auction for £26 but he refused to send it. He replaced the two pricey chase sets with two worthless autographs and relisted it. It just finished for £40+.

See, crime does pay and they say the meek shall inherit the earth.

On the plus side, the Earth doesn't look like it's going to be worth inheriting, much like most of our card collections. Big Grin

Don't think of the cards you lost, think of the money you saved. Smile

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Don't think of the cards you lost, think of the money you saved. Smile

Thanks mom. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You wish! And stop picking up strangers in Japan. Big Grin