Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cool Twilight Zone sketch cards...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool Twilight Zone sketch cards...
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I was just browsing around various TZ sites and came across these sketch cards done by artist J.D. Seeber:

http://www.thetwilightzonenetw...t-zone-sketch-cards/

How awesome are they?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I concur...very cool sketch cards.
Classic Twilight Zone is the best !

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice,Rittenhouse archives should of done more.they only did a few.i suppose as the actors get older they will do some more.1 every box would be nice.could do some autograph sketch cards aswell.im sure they will sell well!!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve from RA did say that he was thinking about sketch cards for a future set. He said 1 per box may be possible. I asked him about dual autos and costume/relic cards. He said that dual autos are a possibility but costume/relics are impossible to find.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Steve from RA did say that he was thinking about sketch cards for a future set. He said 1 per box may be possible. I asked him about dual autos and costume/relic cards. He said that dual autos are a possibility but costume/relics are impossible to find.

I can see why no costume/relic.coutumes used time and time again and for other shows until they fell apart and were lost forever.i would like to see more Shatner/Nimoy autos.would be great to have a Shatner sketch card,maybe even a signed one???we are due another TZ set Drool

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve from RA did say that he was thinking about sketch cards for a future set. He said 1 per box may be possible.

I'd be all over this.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
And don't forget the awesome collection of TZ sketches by Otis Frampton commissioned by a collector and displayed on the Scoundrel Arts Forum board here:

http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=15277

I'd love to see some TZ cards drawn by Sean Pence and since Rittenhouse has used him in the past (X-men 3 & Xena), it seems like they could get him to do some. Star Wars Galaxy style actor-signed sketches would be fantastic!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
And don't forget the awesome collection of TZ sketches by Otis Frampton commissioned by a collector and displayed on the Scoundrel Arts Forum board here:

http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=15277

I'd love to see some TZ cards drawn by Sean Pence and since Rittenhouse has used him in the past (X-men 3 & Xena), it seems like they could get him to do some. Star Wars Galaxy style actor-signed sketches would be fantastic!

1 sketch,1 single auto and 1 dual auto per box would be nice!!! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve has also said so far they have 3 people who have signed new cards; two of them being Denise Lynn from the episode "Stopover in a Quiet Town" and Nehemiah Persoff from "Judgment Night". I don't know who the third signer is. There are still some big names left who haven't signed like Martin Landau, Carol Burnett, Robert Redford, Ann Jillian, and Shelley Fabares. I know Steve has said he has tried to get all of those but with no success. Maybe they will change their minds and sign this time around. This may end up being a very long process but I'm just glad another set could get made.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve has also said so far they have 3 people who have signed new cards; two of them being Denise Lynn from the episode "Stopover in a Quiet Town" and Nehemiah Persoff from "Judgment Night". I don't know who the third signer is. There are still some big names left who haven't signed like Martin Landau, Carol Burnett, Robert Redford, Ann Jillian, and Shelley Fabares. I know Steve has said he has tried to get all of those but with no success. Maybe they will change their minds and sign this time around. This may end up being a very long process but I'm just glad another set could get made.

You'd have to think that maybe if Steve sent an attachment showing some of the incredible actors who have already signed cards and how great they looked on them, perhaps that could change the minds of some of the holdouts, who maybe weren't exactly sure what the cards would look like in the overall when initially approached, especially the ones who said no when asked for Series 1 over 10 years ago.

You want to think it can't be about money, but perhaps it has come to that for some actors, and for those who it is (about money), Rittenhouse probably can't afford to pay them enough. And for those superstars who don't need the money at all, it's probably that they don't want to take the time to sign.

But even if there is not another comprehensive signers list, the Twilight Zone collection as it exists now is a thing of beauty, and right up there with the Rittenhouse/Skybox Star Trek series and Rittenhouse James Bond among the greatest of autograph sets of all-time. Along with his visionary work at Skybox, Steve Charendoff of R.A. has proven to be one of the best friends the autograph card collector has ever had.

And just a thought, but the 1985-1987 Twilight Zone series while uneven, did spawn some memorable and beloved episodes, and the list of potential signers who appeared on that series is awesome, not to mention the writers who participated including Stephen King and Harlan Ellison, plus lots of quality directors, too. And because the series is only 25 or so years old, as opposed to nearly 50+ years old like the original series, most of the particpants are happily still with us.

Rittenhouse made a set for the original and updated "Outer Limits" series, maybe they could do the same for Twilight Zone.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a set for both of the the newer series.

Writers:
J. Michael Straczynski (12 episodes, 1986-1989)
Rockne S. O'Bannon (8 episodes, 1985-1986)
Harlan Ellison (5 episodes, 1985-1989)
James Crocker (5 episodes, 1985-1986)
George R.R. Martin (5 episodes, 1986)

Actors:
Richard Mulligan
William Atherton
Andrew Robinson
Tim Russ
Forest Whitaker
Jeremy Piven
Olivia d'Abo

Music by:
Craig Safan (4 episodes, 1985-1986)
Dennis McCarthy (4 episodes, 1986-1987)
Basil Poledouris (3 episodes, 1985-1986)
Mark Snow (3 episodes, 2003)

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Richard Mulligan (Burt on "Soap") passed away some time ago, sadly, but the others would be great.

And also appearing on the 1980's version were:
Bruce Willis
Adrienne Barbeau
Robert Klein
Morgan Freeman
Helen Mirren
Martin Landau (also appeared on original TZ)
Elliott Gould
Frances McDormand (from "Fargo")
William Petersen (from "CSI")
Victor Garber
Fred Savage and Danica McKellar (stars of the "Wonder Years")
Garrett Morris (from "Saturday Night Live")
Meg Foster
Lorna Luft
Jeffrey DeMunn and Scott Wilson (of "Walking Dead")
Dee Wallace
Piper Laurie
Charles Martin Smith & Paul LeMat (of "American Graffiti")
Pam Dawber
Sherman Hemsley
Ron Glass
Terry Farrell
Robert Carradine
Adam Arkin
Mare Winningham
Jenny Agutter
Frances Conroy
Tim Thomerson
Shelley Duvall
Geroge Wendt
Joe Mantegna
Joan Allen
Jennifer Rubin
Marc Singer
Lousie Fletcher
Peter Scolari
Bud Cort
Esai Morales
David Naughton
...and quite a few more I'm sure collectors would be interested in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,