Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEXT ZOOM MEETING
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted
G'day Albert, hope all is well with you after the BIG move. Just wondering, When is the next Zoom meeting for us promo collectors..? Or, happy to try arrange one from here
Thanks mate... Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year CardScout and to all my fellow promo card collectors! I have settled into my new digs and ready to delve into another episode of "why collect promo cards?". The next ZOOM meeting will take place on Monday, January 24,2022 @ 8:00 PM Eastern Time (US). Anyone with an interest in promo cards and their progeny is invited to participate.
I will send out the invite to those who previously participated so hang tight. If you are a newbie and want to join the meeting just send me a message at promoking@aol.com and you'll receive the ZOOM info.Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. Just reminding those interested in anything promotional that the next ZOOM meeting has been scheduled for Monday, January 24 at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard time. I have sent an invite to the “regulars” but I’d love to also see some new faces. All you have to do is email me promoking@aol.com. If you haven’t received your invite let me know aSAP and I’ll make sure to include you. This meeting will focus on toy and food product cards.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the invite Albert
I am in if I can get the time right this time

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Piko,
Now I too am in the same boat because over here we're one hour behind EST and soon it'll be 2 since there is no daylight savings time in Costa Rica. Got to love technology though that we can have people in at least half a dozen time zones communicating on the same platform. I hope to see you then, sir.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder that there's still time to participate in the promo card ZOOM meeting tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Make new friends and see who you've been dealing with throughout the years! Come and join us.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Sorry Albert, got stuck working today. If you line up a zoom meeting next month, I'll make sure I'm there...
Hope you had lots of people attending..? Wavey Wave

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We had the meeting which started just after 5pm Pacific Standard Time (the sun had just set here) and ended just before 7pm. Thanks to Promoking for hosting the meeting which included him, Steve, Todd, Piko, and myself. He had a nice array of snacks and drinks for his guests.

We talked about how we felt about this card grading craze and how it's now part of the sports card hobby though not fully entrenched in non-sports. We discussed particular cards like that E.T. Multimotion prototype and the Star Wars Trilogy Widevision P4 (Sandcrawler).

I don't get much of a chance to talk cards in detail in this part of the country so it was a great conversation to be part of.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Jess, I hope next meeting I can put a face to the name, be great to say G'day in person Thumb Up